Epilogue

The rest of the party went off in their respective groups, to trying to find their way back home.

What became of Bakugo, Ei, Mina, and Camie is best left for another time, but a small peek at the other four will tell us all we need to know about them.

Momo, Kyoka, Shoto, and Denki stayed together for the couple days back over the North land and talked a lot about what had happened. Shoto was depressed about it, and Kyoka was livid, which was covering up how afraid she was.

But Momo and Denki eventually began to take a better view of it. They were mad at Deku, but, they said, he wasn't a bad person, and he'd learn to wield the Sword, and then they could all still get what they hoped for. Only they would have to find a way to hold out longer. Momo said she would inform the tribe of this and give them her instructions...and then she was going to leave. "I'll study all I can of the outside world and figure out how we can avoid the Dark Lord until Deku is ready to face him," she said.

"And I guess I can muddle on until then," Denki said, "and I suppose I am the first bard to know there's a new holder. I better spread the word. Of course, I can't describe him at all, but people will need to know the truth to have their hopes in the right place..."

"I guess if that's so, I'd better work on making sure my father doesn't help the Dark Lord any more," Shoto said, "I didn't want to do this, but I am going to have to go home. It's all I can do. Maybe I can save my mother that way."

"If you need help... you should call on us," Momo offered, "I think our goals coincide. I would like to learn more about the organized kingdom... It may be useful."

"If you want, you can come with me," Shoto said offhandedly, "It won't be a pleasant journey, but if you're determined... then it might be safer to work together."

Momo reddened. "Uh... sure, of course... But, Kyoka, will you be all right alone?"

"I'll manage," Kyoka said.

Denki coughed. "You know, if you need an escort... just through the towns, we are kind of going the same way...and since Momo's going off the opposite way, you know, for old time's sake, I'd be willing to put up with you."

"To put up with me?" Kyoka said, "You mean, would I deign to follow you?"

She rolled her eyes. "I guess I don't have any better offer... Fine."

"Sheesh, make a man feel honored..." Denki muttered.

"You should just be glad I agreed at all," Kyoka said, "You can't fight without using that power that drains you, so you won't even last that long in the Dark Lands without my help."

"At least without that map, we won't be targets," Momo sighed, "We might be able to squeeze by... Let's stay together till we get to the South again. It's safer that way."

They all agreed to this plan.

The only other event worth noting is that on the way back to the Mountain of Monsters, Denki found Tibult lost in a field of thistles and was blissfully reunited. Tibult was only little dirty and otherwise no worse for the wear than before. But she seemed ready to go home.

And that concludes our story, for now. Perhaps we will meet again in the future. Until then....

Worldwalkerdj--Natasha Queen.