𝟷𝟹. 𝙲𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚎𝚜

With all the meetings Ace has been having I can't help feel cooped up in this goddamn house. I can't leave the house and I can't leave my room.

"Please tell me he isn't having any more meetings" I groan, leaning on Val.

We were sitting on the couch in the living room, Ace just finished a meeting and I could finally come downstairs.

After yesterday's problem, I made sure to stay in the room the whole time. "Yeah I'm pretty sure that's it for a while"

I let out a sigh of relief, "wow is your room that bad" Val starts twirling my hair as I shift my head.

"It's not bad but I just don't have anything to do" I start playing with my hands.

"You can always come hang out with me" I look up to him and he's smiling, I smile back. I don't know when it happened but me and Val have grown a bit closer since I got here. It's nice to have a friend.

"You're always with that boyfriend of yours or working" I tease but there's some truth to it.

I don't have anyone to talk to half the time and the other half of the time I'm walking around eggshells since I don't know that much about them.

"Well you can always hang out with us"

I just nodded as we continued talking, getting to know more about each other. Laughing at stupid little jokes about other people in the house.

Just as I'm about to make another joke Ace walks in looking towards me and Val. He looks at us for a min, before walking out of the house.

The sound of the door opening and closing assuring that I'm right.

We hear the car roar to life as it drives away. "Do you wanna do something?" I ask

"Sure"

"Oh my god let's bake cookies!!" I jump up, grabbing his hand and dragging him towards the kitchen.

"Only if they're chocolate chips," Val says when we get into the kitchen. I'm not the biggest fan of chocolate but I like it a bit now and then.

I nod and we start getting everything we need, I walk over to the pantry to grab the flour, sugar, and some other stuff.

"How much do we want to make?" Vall asked as he grabbed the other ingredients from the refrigerator.

"Enough for everyone"

We start putting in all the ingredients and continuing our conversation from the living room. He laughs at the random jokes and spills milk all over the counter.

"No you didn't" Val gasped

"I totally did, my brother had to come to get me and everything"

"I could never go skydiving, I wouldn't get off that plane" he laughs and grabs some napkins wiping off the counter

"I still can't believe they believed I was 18 '' I pour everything into the mixer.

"Don't you need a parent signature for that type of thing?" He walks over to grab some water.

" I faked that it. Best six minutes of my life" I chuckle. The dough is ready so I start placing them onto the pan. "Preheat the oven for me please"

There's a bit of silence as I put all the cookies in the oven and finally sit down at the island. "So was that the wildest thing you ever did?"

"Oh definitely not, that was just the beginning. At 17 I broke into a random grocery store and ransacked the place because I wanted cake" Not really my proudest moment, but since I was always working I would randomly lash out for the fun of it.

"Oh my god, Rene. Who are you?" he slaps my hand and we both just laugh it off.

"My brother had to come to get me after that too" God Enzo always dealt with all my bullshit.

"I definitely need to meet this brother of yours" when we hear the door open back up. The footsteps were loud. I could already tell they were ace.

He walks into the kitchen and I finally get a good look at him. He looked a bit beat up, and his clothes were covered in blood. Damn, where has he been?

"What happened to you?" Val asks as Ace is fully visible. "Nothing I just had to handle some business"

"Seriously again"

I listen to them talk while I sat and getting a good look at Ace. His sleeves were rolled up so I could see all his tattoos. His shirt has some sweat on it probably from fighting.

Walking over to the oven looking to see how the cookies are doing. "So what were you guys doing?"

"Well serene here was telling me all about her teenage adventures" I look up to see Val smiling at me and Ace just looking at me with the same blank expression . "Apparently she lies about her age and goes skydiving to let off some steam"

I laugh at Val's attempt to tease me. For a moment I thought a saw Ace smile but I'm not sure.

"You gotta do what you gotta do" I shrug. Ace leaves the kitchen and I hear him go upstairs, his door opening and closing not long after.

I walked over to the fridge to grab some juice and then went to the cabinets to get a cup and a bowl for the cookies. Val gets the cookies from the oven and places the trays down.

I start taking the cookies off the tray and placing them into the bowl quickly filling it up. I take a bite of one and the cookies are soft and the chocolate melts in my mouth.

"These are delicious," my mouth still a bit full of the broken pieces as I chew.

Val walks over and grabs one breaking off a piece, taking a bite. I see his face light up and before he even says anything he takes another bite. He takes some time to chew and digest the cookie.

"This is so good" we both grab another one and take bites. "You should give some to Ace before we finish them" I just nod, grabbing a plate and putting some on there.

I walk out of the kitchen with the bowl of cookies heading upstairs. I could hear some shuffling from Ace but it wasn't his room it was the room next door. The room that told me to stay away from.

I mean I am delivering cookies and it's not like I'm going into the room. I walk over to the door and knock on the door. Some more noises come from the room but then Ace opens the door blocking the view with his body.

"We made cookies" I reached the bowl out for him to grab one. He takes it and tries one "It's good thanks" god does he ever smile not even a small grin.

"What are you doing in there?" I couldn't help but ask, whenever he isn't in the office he's in there. What could he be possibly doing?

"You need to learn to mind your business serene" I don't know why I'm so intimidated by him.

I'm not usually scared or intimidated by anyone but there's just something about him.

"Your right, my bad" I turn around to leave but ace speaks up again. "Next time, don't come near this door" why was I even expecting him to say something nice.

I just nod and walk back down. I enter the living room to see Val on the couch with the rest of the cookies.

He looks over to me and I guess I don't look the happiest because the first thing he asks is "Are you okay?"

Sitting on the couch grabbing a cookie from the bowl I look at Valentino "I hate him." Val just smiles and shrugs.

God I can't wait to leave this dump