Seven

Dulic said to wait for him to come home, so you end up staying at the spare room of the tavern where you waited for him to finish his deeds but ends up falling asleep.

Then you wake up as the sound of the footsteps echo inside the room. Not like you were a light sleeper, but since you just feel asleep, you've been quite sensitive when it comes to noises.

You blink and yawn, looking outside, it seems like it was the middle of time night, then you look at your lover who was currently taking off his top. Upon seeing this, your eyes widen, blush creeping on your face as you quickly look away.

"Hmmm? It's not like you haven't seen me without shirt before"

He stated once he saw you hiding under the blanket while a chuckle

On the top floor of the tavern was a small and simple room where you usually stay during the years where he wasn't around when you have no choice but to stay in the tavern for long.

"I will go and take a quick shower, you should go back to sleep, we'll be leaving once the sun comes up, okay?"

He stated once he was right beside you, towel on his shoulder before giving you a kiss on your forehead before heading out towards the bathroom.

You watch him silently before you stand up and walk towards the window, admiring the peaceful night that comes to Mondstadt with the help of your lover. Mindlessly touching the ring on your finger as you do so.

Thinking about few things, you realize that you lover has been acting weird, or it seems like he was in a deep thought ever since the trio left the tavern, it seems like there was something bugging him. Thinking about it, you'll just have to ask him later when he finished taking a bath.

"Hmm? I told you to sleep"

You then felt an arms warp around your small figure, at the same time a chin was placed on your head, keeping you in place in his arms

He was warm like always, wherever he is was really home.

"I was waiting for you"

You started

"I don't want to sleep without you"

You admitted shyly with a yawn

"Hmmm, I see, it seems like you've been lonely"

You could only humm and snuggle close in his arms, completely leaning into him

After awhile of silence,

"I miss you"

"I miss you too"

He admitted, turning you around form placing a sweet lips on your lips

Afterwards your lips parted and you hug him, burying your face in his chest as he caresses your (hair color) locks.

If others were to see him showing such affecton towards you, the first thing they would think is that, that aren't Diluc, that mist be his doppelganger. But the man in your arms has always been the same person they know. It was just a different side that could only be revealed towards you and only you.

Yawning once again, Diluc decided now is the time for both of you to lay down and sleep. Picking you up in his without any trouble, you wrap your hand around his neck. Gently laying you down before laying down right beside you, he pull the cover right above your chest and his

"Diluc?"

"Yes love?"

"Is something bother you?"

By your words, a smile made its way on his lips only for a second.

"Actually, I was thinking of making our relationship public"

"Hmm?"

Your eyes widen

"I was thinking of hosting an engagement party for us at the manor. But I know you hate crowded place so I'm still thinking about it"

He stated, looking up from the ceiling as you look at him, wide eyes and jaw dropped.

"I thought you had eyes watching you which was your enemies? I could be your weakness once you've done that"

Instead of agreeing with your words, unexpectedly, Diluc scoff at you, looking at you with disbelief.

"Weakness?"

He look at you, hand travel towards your chin and hold it with his two finger, making you look at him in the eyes

"You're not my weakness"

He stated, looking at you seriously

"It's the opposite, you're my strengthen and my reverse scale (First name), you're the last thing they can touch"

With such look on his eyes, you admitted you lost. So with a smile gently appearing on your lips, you answered.

"If you say so then it's fine. Just this once I'll go, for the sake of our engagement party"

With a satisfied smile on his face, he pulls you in his arms. As the silence grew longer, you thought it would be to sleep, still you heard a deep voice asking.

"Who's your favorite hero in Mondstadt? Love"

What the. Don't tell me this is what he's been thinking so hard?

Just like earlier, this time it was you who was looking up to him with disbelief, but soon enough a laugh escape from your lips after recalling the events of the day.

"I'm asking"

He replied, he sounds annoyed by your sudden burst of laughter but that was the only thing he says

"Well, ehem, that's pretty much obvious you know?"

You laugh

"It's the darknight hero. Of course it's you, you're always my number one"

You giggle

Suddenly the stiff body next to you ever since he questioned you relaxed, once again a laugh escape your lips.

"Wait dear, don't tell me you're jealous?"

You laugh once again

You've gone quite overboard earlier meeting Aether, the honorary knight, but it's pretty much nothing compared on how you're dotting your darknight hero which is currently holding you.

"It seems like you're quite energetic. Hmm?"

In a split of second, he was already hovering right above you

Oh dear.