"Oh, Khalifa you're already here?" Mamie said when she reached the end of the stairs.

"Good afternoon Aunty Khadija" he said squatting down to show respect.

As if he is that respectful!

"How are you Khalifa, please proceed to he living room" Mamie said glaring at me.

"Naisa, why don't you go and tell Fauziya to bring some refreshments for our guest" she said.

"Okay Mamie" I said leaving the living room.

"Mamie said you should arrange some chin chin, samosas and drinks on a tray and take it to our guest" I said to Fauziya as I entered the kitchen.

She arranged everything on a tray and made way to take it to him, just then Mamie came in.

"Give me that" she said collecting the tray from Fauziya. "Naisa, take this" she said handing me the tray.

"What am I going to do with this Mamie?" I said looking at her with a questioning look.

"Go and take this to Khalifa now" she said with a stern voice and leaving now room for argument.

"Fine" I said collecting the tray.

"Here, close your hair with this" she said handing me the veil.

"Salam Alaykum" I said as I entered the living room.

"Wa'alaikis Salam" he answered.

I kept the tray on the center table and adjusted my dress.

"Thanks" he said looking up from his phone smiling.

Ohh he's so cute, and the dark blue kaftan and zanna bukar cap he's wearing looks really good on him.

"Naisa, why don't you serve him?" Mamie said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Okay" I said opening the bottle of coke and pouring it into the tumbler.

Why am I serving him as his wife?

"Here" I said handing him the tumbler.

I feel like pouring this coke all over his handsome face!.

"Brain, what are you saying?"

I'm saying that his handsome.

"Well I gotta admit he is handsome."

See, you also agree.

"Shut up brain" I said fighting my inner voice.

"Sakeena" I heard his deep voice say.

Why are you doing this to me brain?

"Sakeena" he called again looking at me weirdly.

He collected the glass of coke I was holding and unbeknownst to me my veil has fall off.

I gave him the glass and adjusted my veil. Just then, Mamie said something pulling me out of my reverie.

"Naisa, why don't you go and then ready then you guys will leave?".

"Okay"

I went back to my room, re touched my makeup, tied my veil and picked up my black handbag containing my phone, charger, lipgloss, tissue paper, contact case and glasses.

"I'm ready, let's go" I said as I entered the living room.

"Okay, bye guys, have fun" I turned to look at Mamie as she mouthed be nice to me.

•••••

Khalifa...

We drove out of their house onto the streets of Abuja.