The Charity Ball

Magsimula sa umpisa

My jaw nearly unhinged as we made our way into the large dining room which was fully decorated with a stage at the other end of the room

My jaw nearly unhinged as we made our way into the large dining room which was fully decorated with a stage at the other end of the room. They lead me over to our table which was near the stage, holding out my chair for me. "This looks so beautiful" My eyes scanning round the large room in amazement. The other tables were filled with lots of other celebrities and friends and family. This whole event was pretty much organised by Jon and the band so it was mainly people they knew but from a mixture of professions such as sports, music, acting and business. I didn't really recognise anybody and we still haven't seen Jon anywhere yet. "Jonny must be backstage setting up, he'll be out in a minute" Dave whisper shouting into my ear. He must have spotted me looking round the room for him. A waiter had came round, topping our glasses up with wine straight away, naturally Richie asked for the whole bottle. "So are you guys playing tonight?" Smiling as I trail off "Yeah, we're closing it" Dave shouting back. "Oh, I can't wait to see that" My eyes lighting up with excitement. That strange look was back on their faces followed by a long pause "Right...Yeah You'll love it". Suddenly Alec was mumbling something to Richie then Richie mumbled it to Dave. "What's wrong?" Furrowing my brows together with concern. "We just made it here in time, it's starting to rain real heavy" Dave shouting over to me. Why are they so concerned with the weather all of a sudden, all of this is certainly adding up to something big, I just can't put my finger on it. 

A little while passed since we got here and I was admittedly starting to get rather bored, there was no music and Jon hadn't come back yet. Just when the thought entered my mind, I saw him scurrying through a crowd of people just as the first band made their way onto stage to start. Jon practically belted round the table to sit in the seat next to me "Hey... Glad you could Join us" Laughing as I trail off. "I know I've been busy all day" His eyes flickered over my dress quickly before looking me in the eyes. "You look beautiful" Gesturing to my satin dress which was like a second skin. "Thankyou.." My cheeks blushing crimson, I'm just happy the lights are turned down low. "Is that somethin you brought with you or?" Gesturing to my dress once more. "Uhh No, I didn't have anything so I had to buy a dress" Nodding as I trail off. 

"Would you like to dance Rosie" Dave shouting into my ear, tearing my gaze from Jon's. "I'd love to" Taking his hand and heading over to the small dance floor. Ed Sheeran-- Thinking out loud Playing as we start swaying to the music, one hand in his while the other is draped round his neck. "Dave.... I know somethings going to happen tonight" His smile dropped into a frown. "You don't have to say anything.... Just nod if I'm right" A sigh slips from his lips before he slightly nods his head. He lifts my hand up and twirls me round a few times on the spot before swaying to the music once more. My eyes quickly glanced over at Jon who was watching us attentively. "He's doing all of this..... for me?" , "Of course because he loves you" My heart swelled to the size of a pumpkin. "But what if the Jon that went back doesn't love me anymore.... what if he's moved on?" He could see the concern in my eyes. "Haven't you gotten it yet? that is him.... just older... they're the same person and I can tell you sincerely that he hasn't moved on.... after we pulled him out the hole he talked about this girl called Rosie for months, but we never met you... it was weird.... he talked about you as if he was in love but we never met this girl to match the name so we thought he was bullshittin..... Until" He hesitated for a moment before shaking his head. "Until you met me..... which was when Dave" ..... "When did you meet me" He had his mouth open, ready to answer me when someone placed his hand on Dave's shoulder. "Can I cut in ?" We whipped our heads round to see Jon standing there "Of course" Dave letting go of me and heading back to the table, leaving me with Jon. He slid his hand into mine, interlocking our fingers together while the other lightly grasps my waist and my free hand rests on his shoulder. We silently swayed to the romantic song while gazing intensely into each others eyes. I found myself getting lost in his ocean blue eyes when he blurted out "We danced to this on the bridge.. remember?" His words snapping me out of my trance to listen to the song, it was Elvis. "Yeah...we did" Smiling up at him, my eyes once again getting lost in his. "You still don't believe I'm him do ya?" , "Yes I do.... I'd recognise those eyes anywhere" He broke off into laughter which melted my heart into a pool.  "Will you be at the table when I'm singing?" Looking up at him with hopeful eyes. "There's nowhere else I'd rather be" His words bringing a beaming smile to my face. We continued to dance for a few more songs, getting completely caught up in the moment.