CHAPTER 7

Hell yeah, I was capable of speaking. I was quite sure I could speak more than intended to. But that wasn't the problem now, the problem at hand was quite complicated to be put simply.

I winced at his dead stare. He stood quite composed for someone who was supposed to be heavily injured or I don't know, dead? Okay, let's not go there.

The light in his eyes reflected absolutely nothing. They were bright but...empty. His dark, luscious hair which fell all over the place created a contrast with the light streaming between the canopy of the backyard trees. They just fell a few centimetres above his forehead allowing his nose to look sharp and erect. The slight curve to his full sinful mouth promised me of wicked happenings and the sheer sharpness of his jawline elicited a surprised low noise at the back of my throat.

I think I might have just purred. So fúcking unlike me.

I had seen plenty men during my travel but standing there in nothing but tight-fitted wife-beater and with those black working trousers, his beauty just put shame to whatever world I had seen. I couldn't help but gawk at his strong and agile frame. Bet he felt like hard steel draped 'neath a silk quilt. What would it be like to have his arms wrapped around me while he... He was just so beautiful and I was just so horny. I coughed.

It was then I realized that they both were looking at me for answers.

I cleared my throat,"I am-

"Chase, is the girl alright in her head?" Sebastian completely disregarded me as he asked his brother about the fiasco.

"I uhm-yeah I think-", I nudged him hard as I mouthed you think?

He fumbled, "We were just playing."

"No." I cut in. "We weren't playing. Apparently there this rule that you consider playing, whenever someone visits you. Are you aware?"

I suddenly looked at Chase. He was wincing badly.

"Chase?"

"Uhh..." he trailed off.

Sebastian quietly approached me. My mind was playing shambles. It wasn't that my heart was driving like crazy, or I was hyper aware of myself. It was quite opposite of the usual. I felt at ease. I just felt. No part me wanted to just let go of this God so easily, so slowly I let my eyes wander. He was close enough that I noticed the sweat gleaming on his shoulder blades and sides of neck. And he was barefeet! Oh for all that's holy, there's still many more places for me to go!

I quickly tore my eyes away as if it burned me from seeing him this close to me.

He was just a feet away from me when he made his move. He lifted my chin with the tip of the dart and made me look into his eyes.

It was then I noticed the hues of frosty white hiding the swirl of cold black that complimented with the flashing enigmas. They were intense as if asking me to oblige and fall for whatever be expected of me.

They burned through me like fire. The intensity of those gray eyes so sharp, reminded me of the bewitched and sequined glimmer of the peculiar nights spent under the glamour of the tricky moon. They demanded attention. No, they claimed attention.

And like the quicksand, I was slowly being drawn in. The only difference was that I wasn't struggling. Or you know complaining for that matter.

"Are you so stupid that you believe everything a person has to say?" Ouch.
The close proximity was making me feel quite...good but he had to go ruin it by hurting my ego. And nobody just gets away with that so easily.

"All right, are you suggesting that Chase here, who is my best bud might I add, tricked me?" I finally found my voice and questioned him.

"Yes." I couldn't take my eyes off of those lips.

"Is that right, Chase?" I asked turning to him with some difficulty. He had turned away and was counting the trees in his backyard.