Love Comes Around

Prologue:

Isabelle is a 15 soon to be 16 year-old seemingly normal girl. Her one major gift is her voice. Although she is in choir she doesn't like show it off. However when she did sing you had no choice but to look at her, her voice was captivating and her stage presence was huge. But still it seemed that her gift did not get her what she wanted most.... a boy.

Pt. 1

Isabelle always seemed to fall for the wrong guy. She liked the guy everyone was into, the class clown, or the bad boy. At first she wouldn't like him at all because of it, but later she would see a sign of a really sweet guy inside and that's what really got her to like him.

Her latest crush was a guy named Connor. He was a smart, sensitive, funny guy whom everyone loved. Although he joked around a bit too much his compassion for music was admired by Isabelle greatly. She still only thought of him as a friend until one faithful day.

They were sitting next to each other in choir, everyone was talking. She noticed he had a notebook in his hands and inquired about it but not in a nosy way. He told her it was for stories or songs, she smiled saying she had a few of her own.

"Sounds interesting," Isabelle said

"Yea, they're not that good though," Connor replied

"Probably better than mine," she countered

"Take a look for yourself," he said opening the notebook to the newest entry.

She read the song and was touched by the emotions and how easily she related to it.

"This is really good. Definitely better than mine," she smiled

But class ended and nothing more was said.

Isabelle started to like Connor and made it pretty obvious, but she could never tell if he felt the same way or not. She always would back down when she got up the courage to ask him, mostly because she thought that he would say no, but she still hoped.

Those hopes were crushed one day however when she noticed something. She often saw Connor hang around a lot of girls and some just loved him, but she could never tell if it was just as friends or something more. One day she learned that he really liked this one girl who was a junior, a year ahead of them. It turned out that he liked her a lot, almost as much as Isabelle liked Connor.

It left her heartbroken. It literally hurt her physically. It felt like she had been punched in the stomach as she laid there crying.

At first she was furious but later just sad. It didn't hurt to know he didn't like her. It only hurt to know that Connor cared about someone else more than he did Isabelle. About as much as she cared for him.

For the next few days Isabelle ignored him as much as possible. Not meeting his eyes, only talking to him when necessary and not being in the same places as he would be normally.

Isabelle walked briskly through the hallway, and moved to the side as some freshmen passed by. She seems to pick up speed as her follower came closer.

"Please just-" he tried

"What do you want?" she snapped

She stops abruptly and turns around to face him. She had done this so fast that he barely had time to stop. Their noses almost touched as she glared at him, he became flustered and then they both took a step back.

As they did so he gently whispered, "You."

Her hostile expression faltered.

"What?" she demanded -she hadn't heard him properly- she thought.

"I-I didn't say anything." He stuttered. -I said that aloud? At least she didn't hear me- He was more nervous than before now.

"Okay then." She turned back around and started walking away, more annoyed than ever now.

"No, wait. Please."

"What do you want?" she almost groaned. -Why can't he just leave me alone?-

"Now just hear me out okay?"

"Okay, fine." She said annoyed.