No Normal Girl, No Normal High School- Ch. 10

"Let's go to my house. I think we have quite a few things to discuss." I said softly. Brooke and Matt nodded. I turned and walked off into the trees, knowing they would follow. When we got to the house, we all dropped our stuff on the counter and flopped onto the couches. I put my feet on Brooke's lap and rested my head on the arm of the couch. I turned my head to look at Matt, who was sitting in the lazyboy.

"You have quite a bit to explain, Mr." Brooke said, also staring at him. He looked sheepish.

"Well, why I left it kind of selfish, but..." He said, lowering his eyes uncomfortably.

"Start at the beginning." I said, propping myself up a little on my elbow. He nodded.

"Well,  before anything, I think I should tell you something important..."

"Go on." I said, raising an eyebrow.

"I.. I am the Prince. The Prince of the Werewolves..." He said, looking up into my eyes, his eyes searching.

"You... Really?" I asked in disbelief. He nodded.

"So that's why they bowed to you... And why that Marcus guy called you 'Your Highness'. Interesting." Brooke said.

"Yes. He is loyal, but he lusts power, though he will not cross my father. He hates me, and would like to get rid of me." Matt scowled bitterly.

"That sucks. I don't like him." Said Brooke, also scowling. Matt laughed.

"I could tell." He said, refering to how Brooke had cursed them the whole way home. She shrugged, grinning.

"Well, anyway, it started about a year ago. My mother, she went on a hunting trip with some others from the pack, including Marcus. We didn't hear back from them for a long time. We sent out search parties, hoping we could find them, but... About a month after they went missing, Marcus showed up. He... he was carrying my mother... She-She was dead. He said... It was vampires who attacked. He was the only survivor." Matt's face was grim and he was clutching the arms of the lazyboy tightly. I hoped that he wouldn't break them. My parents wouldn't be happy. "After that, my father was different. He despised vampires, saying they were blood thirsty things who deserved to die. He wasn't being rational at all. I started to rebel. My father started capturing all vampires and slaying them, man, woman, or child. He said their race didn't deserve to live. I started smuggling them out, as many as I could. They knew that some were escaping, and that someone was helping them. My father gave a warning speech, telling all that if they were the ones smuggling them out, they would die as well. I told my father, many times, that not all vampires were at fault. Just because some were bad, did not mean all were. He would not listen to me, just said that they were horrid beings, worth only of death. So, finally, I ran away. I hoped it would take his mind off of the vampires. Mostly, I think, was because I couldn't take it anymore." A tear escaped one of his emerald green eyes.

I felt my eyes soften. I got up and gave him a quick hug. "Selfish? I think not. You saved a lot of people and you tried as best you could to stop your father. How is that selfish?" I asked quietly.

"I want to stop him. Before this starts a war with the vampiric people." Matt said determinedly, glaring at the floor, his fist's clenched as well as his jaw. I glanced at Brooke and we nodded. I squeezed his arm.

"We'll help. Brooke and I. To the best of our abilities." I said. He looked up at me, surprised, then his eyes softened.

"Thanks."