nineteen

"Can we please go on the fucking ferris wheel?" BB asked Liv and Maddy.

Maddy invited Olivia to go to the carnival with her. Ever since they got over their first hangover together, they've grown a little closer. Plus, Liv thought it'd be nice to get out for the night and enjoy one last night before her parents came home.

"Fuck no." Olivia said. Maddy looked over at her.

"You don't like carnival rides?" Maddy asked.

"I just don't feel like fucking dying tonight." Liv explained. BB laughed, choking on her vape. Liv looked at her with a serious face, not joking. Maddy's phone started to ring, and she looked down to see who it was.

"It's nate." She said, answering it. Olivia and BB exchanged looks, both of them not supporting Nate and Maddy's relationship. But it was none of their business, so they kept their mouths shut.

"Where are you?" Maddy asked, an attitude present in her tone.

"I'm standing by the fucking ferris wheel." She explained, looking up and seeing the ferris wheel in front of her.

"I don't see you." She said, looking around.

"Why do you always do this to me?" Maddy asked her boyfriend on the other line, walking away from BB and Liv.

"Let's go play a game or something." Olivia said, grabbing BB's hand.  They walked by a few booths, hands still intertwined and laughing at each other's jokes. BB stopped walking, though, when she saw Fezco standing by his truck. He was talking to a few of his friends, and looked up and saw BB staring. His eyes wandered from BB down to Olivia.

Olivia didn't know why BB had stopped walking, but BB nodded over to Fezco's direction. He had now said goodbye to his friends and was walking over to the girls.

BB knew the situation between Fez and Olivia. Apparently, when Liv got home the night her and Maddy went out, she had spilled everything to BB in a long, drunk message of vent. At first, she was super embarrassed. After BB assured her she wouldn't tell anyone, though, Liv was glad to consider her an actual friend.

"Let's just turn around." Liv whispered over to BB. Both girls started walking in the other direction, but saw Jayson standing there talking to a couple of his friends. It wasn't like they could avoid him or Fez, so they had to choose on or the other. They were trapped.

"Yo, Liv. I gotta talk to you." Fezco said, tapping her shoulder as she turned around.

"It's gonna have to wait. Me and BB are gonna go ride the ferris wheel." Olivia lied. Fez shook his head, knowing she wasn't telling the truth.

"You hate carnival rides." He said.

Liv let out a sigh, knowing there was no way she could get out of this. She glanced over at BB, who took the hint and started walking off to the guy's Fezco was talking to. She recognized them from a party.

"You wanna tell me what happened last night?" Fezco asked her. She looked up at him.

"I don't have to tell you anything." Liv said. He nodded.

"Okay. Can we go somewhere a little more private to talk?" He asked her. Olivia hesitated, but nodded her head after a short moment. He started walking where some of the trailers were parked, and she followed close behind him. He stopped behind one of the trailers, where it was far enough away so no one could see them.