Chapters 40 and 41

Chapter 40

        February 10th, 3119, Pheonix Penal Colony, 19:59pm, Pollard walked into Unitis' office and poured himself a cup of coffee.

He saw Unitis' head laying on the desk.

"Reports getting you down again?", Pollard inquired taking in a sip.

"I should have stayed at Point 9," Unitis breathed.

        Pollard sat down across from him.

"I hear Point 9 is one of the worst," he commented taking in another sip.

"That is why I left for this place, there were riots everywhere when I got here," Unitis told him.

"Where did you pick up Hatch?", Pollard asked.

        Unitis got up from his chair and poured himself a fresh cup of coffee.

"They sent him here, from Taladaktaria," Unitis told him.

"They said that he was one of the best," Unitis continued.

"They weren't lying, he is a legend out there," Pollard replied.

"That was what I heard," Unitis replied.

        Hong and Tran walked into the office.

"Palin escaped two days ago," Hong told them.

Pollard lept to his feet.

"Do you all have a line on him?", he asked.

"No, he has been dodging any one who tries to come for him," Tran added.

"What about the tracer that was placed inside him when became a Marshal?", Pollard rejoindered taking in a sip of coffee.

        Chang joined them in the office.

"I have been trying to raise the Tracer, it is like it has switched off," she told them.

"You mean removed?", Brul added as he walked in.

"It does seem thatta way," Chang answered.

        When Porter and Burns took office, Porter ordered that Tracers be implanted in any Marshal, regardless of how long they had been in service.

The only way to turn these Tracers off was to get them removed and destroyed.

It was something that Marshals hated, but it was a part of the job.

        February 10th, 3119, 20:34pm, Chang continued to try to get a hold of the Tracer on Palin.

She couldn't get the Tracer to come online.

"This thing has to have been removed, it's like it is gone," she said.

"Wasn't it taken out when he arrested?", Unitis asked.

"No, we don't have the people here to do that," she answered.

        Pollard glared at the screen.

"There are only a few Doctors who have the qualifications to do that," he read.

"That is correct, and two of them are dead now," Lee added as she walked in and read the list.

Pollard looked at her.

"You mean somebody is bumping them off?", he fired at her.

        Lee tugged at her skirt.