Chapter 2~Concussion

I kicked butt yesterday at the beach with my awesome surfing skills, and cute red bikini. The boys were shocked, so were Alicia and Mike. I'm just glad I can have some part of my old life. I've been here for three days, and still haven't befriended anyone in the house but Alicia, Nick, and I think Josh.I got up this morning for a morning run. When I went outside, Chris was sitting on the porch.

"You're up early." Chris looked up at me.

"I go for a run every morning… well not in the past few days, but I'm going today. Why are you up early" I asked sitting next to him. Looking into those green eyes of his.

"I couldn't sleep." he looked away from me.

"Why?"

"Everyone expects me to do some sport or hobby, but I don't want to do any of that! I just want to be me"! he mumbled out of anger.

"There's nothing I'm good at anyways." He said looking down at his shoes. I didn't realize he felt this way. They're trying to make him into something he's not.

"Everyone has a talent. Maybe you haven't found the right one yet? Chris, playing sports or doing hobbies, rely on your talents, and hard work. It doesn't come like super powers. You have to practice until you've done enough and it is up to your standards. It isn't easy."

"Yesterday when you surfed, it looked pretty easy to you." He turned his gaze back on me.

I laughed, " Do you know how long it took me to surf like that? About four months. Seriously, just to do those specific moves."

Chris laughed, then he looked up at me again. "I'm glad you’re here Nicole." What he said made me feel pretty good. He's actually the first boy who said that to me so far.

After talking with Chris, he went on my daily run with me. He was like a little brother who I got along great with. Maybe living here won't be so bad after all.

I got out the shower put my Spongebob shirt on with shorts, then I walked down the hall and stopped at Josh's room. I knocked on the door. When he opened it, he was just in his boxers.

"Why do you always catch me like this?" He chuckled.

"I don't know, maybe I just have that effect?" I laughed. He laughed, then Taylor, Michal, and Connor came beside me. Woah! They're so tall compared to me.

"We need to talk to Josh alone, Nicole.” Michal said, looking down at the floor.

"Yeah Blondie," Taylor hissed. What the hell is his problem? Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

"Okay." I smiled "Bye Josh!"

He smiled back at me, then opened his door wider for his brothers to come in. Connor slammed the door shut in my face, like, what's his problem? I turned around, going into the gymnastic room. "Boys!" I muttered under my breath. They could be so mean.

Chris and the twins were in the room playing on the beam.

I giggled "Don't hurt yourself!"

"Me? Please." Kevin said holding up his arms like he had muscles while I laughed.

"They'll grow." Ronnie said patting his back.

"Hey!" Kevin yelled. We were all laughing. I liked the twins, they were funny.

"I'll show you how it's done." I said walking over to the handspring doing three rounds of jumping off catching the bars every time.

"Whoa!" they said in unison, counting out loud how many flips I did at once.