Chapter 1: TEN WOMEN

To prevent unnecessary frustration as you read this book, PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE TIME PERIOD AND SITUATIONS SURROUNDING THE CHARACTERS.

HAVEN'T GONE BACK TO REVIEW THE TYPOS AND GRAMMAR ERROS...I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE. 😭

JOIN THE DISCORD! LET'S GROW OUR FAMILY!

https://discord.gg/BeG8ezQZDd

Ten women, all of different shapes, ages, and sizes stand by the large wooden door trying their best to hear what is going on behind it. The guards that once took that position have moved to allow the women enough room to nose around as usual.

"Are you sure you heard right?" one of the women whispers to the brunette standing by her side, whose ear is against the door like the others.

"Positive! I couldn't help but think about it while he ate his dinner, it angered me!" she replies harshly. How dare Lady Garnet question her as if she is a liar? It would have been best to have held this information from them if she knew they would act like this again.

"We're not going to get anything just listening by the door, I am pretty sure he can hear us anyway," another lady says detaching herself from the wood, and patting her grey dress to adjust it.

"How could King Stephan do this to me! We are supposed to get married when I conceive," the youngest says in tears, causing half of the ladies to roll their eyes. Her tiny voice does not enchant them like it does the king.

"Get over yourself Georgi, just because he pampers you doesn't mean he favors you out of all of us," the raven-haired woman says, glaring at the little girl with her blue eyes.

"At least he shows me more attention than all of you combined!" Georgi retorts with a glare. Lady Mara cannot touch her no matter what, and that's a fact, the king will not hesitate to throw her out.

One may wonder how King Stephan of Sheath keeps his peace in his castle with ten women, but that is a talent no one can copy...he was born with it. King Stephan of Sheath, a heartthrob of a man. A man that has conquered land and earned the title of king. A man that has never lost a single battle, as his skills are hardly matched. A man that can get any woman he pleases, until recently.

King Stephan had just come back from his birthday celebration in Moore, where he 'celebrated' alongside his twin brother, Xerxes. There, he received the first rejection in his entire life. Princess Saya of Laine, Xerxes' woman, had made it clear that he was nowhere near comparable to his brother she deeply cares for, and that he was just disgusting and troublesome.

Disgusting? Troublesome? Him? King Stephan of Sheath? No one had dared utter such words to him! He would have let it go if Saya was not attractive because he would just assume she's projecting her insecurities on him.  But no, she took his breath away the moment he laid eyes on her. Her perfect brown skin and captivating eyes enchanted him like no other! Was it her swaying hips when she walked, or her melodic voice when she spoke, or her kinky hair he wanted to tangle his hand in, that got his knees wobbly? He doesn't know, but what he does know is that she is unlike anyone he had ever met, unfortunately, she had to be the one that would turn him down.

Lady May had told her fellow women about how their king refused to stop blabbing about Saya when he ate, and that he was not in the mood to even touch her last night after he came back from Moore. This made sense because he was very indifferent to them when they came out to greet him upon his arrival. They even planned to have their own 'special' celebration for him, but he dismissed them, going straight to his room, after requesting his meal be brought to his chambers.

The women gathered by his door the following morning to eavesdrop and find out whether he is indeed enchanted by this Saya to the extent that he can't stop talking about her.