Pt.6

No pov:
"Y/n, i'm not going to put you onto a normal getting team you are going to be partnered with your father for your first few missions until you are ready to be promoted" the 3rd hokage said
"if you don't mind me asking, why are you doing this?"

"Your skills maturity and insight are far beyond any single ninja candidate we've ever had. We want to have you rise through the ranks as quick as possible to get you on high-level missions and possibly in the anbu." Said one of the village elders.

"Ok. I will wear my ninja headband with honour." "Good" said the hokage.

(Later)
" Are you ready for your first mission?" Kakashi asked
"Yes I am"
"Good, we are going on a mission to catch "bandits" Who are really rogue shinobi raiding small villages on the edge of the land of fire. This is classified as a C rank mission but it's really more of an A rank mission, it's perfect for you to start on."
"Ok, let's get started."

The mission went extremely smoothly, they were able to catch the bandits in a matter of hours after arriving in the area. Kakashi didn't have to do anything during most of the fighting because Y/N wanted to test herself, the only thing he had to step in for was to help her finish them off. She's only six, of course he had to help her, but she knows it's for the mission so she caught on. That doesn't mean it doesn't make her feel any less sick to her stomach.

After that they were able to go back, check in with the hokage and chill out.

After not being able to see Naruto and Sasuke for a week she decided to go hang out with them. Naruto and Sasuke really don't like each other so she took Sasuke on a nature walk in the morning and Naruto out for ramen in the evening.

Y/n and Kakashi would go on a mission at the beginning of the week together then go on a mission by themselves or in a small group then having 3 to 5 days to chill out. Kakashi would read icha icha or go out for lunch with uncle Guy, auntie Kurenai and uncle Asuma and Y/n would go out with Naruto, Sasuke and more recently she became friends with Sakura and Shikamaru.

Sakura may be selfish, bitchy and crazy for Sasuke but she has her good moments, Y/n and Sakura are not super close but they are friends. Shikamaru is a lazy, chill smart-ass idiot who's a great nap buddy.

For Y/n going on missions for a few days a week and chilling out for rest of the week was now normal and been going on for a couple of months until she was told she would be talking the chunin exams.

Y/n pov:
"Y/n, it is time for you to become a chunin. We have authorize two up-and-coming genin to take the exams with you. Their names are Tsubami and Emi, they are both 12 years old. Be wary, they could be jealous that you were taking the chunin exams at the bright age of six but do not be fooled you are the superior ninja."

I'm superior? Why would the village elder think that? They could be better at other things that I still need to improve on, the fact that the compare two different ninjas at two different stages of their life's is completely foolish.

Just put on a smile and act.
"I will do my absolute best during the exams." "Good, I put my trust in you. You are dismissed."

"I can tell what you where thinking, but they are right, you are the superior ninja. I'm not just saying that because I'm your dad, i saw them training, their ninjutsu is weak, their taijutsu is suboptimal and don't even get me started on their genjutsu"
"Then why would the village elders partner with me with them?"
"They called them up-and-coming because compared to the rest of the people their age they're quite good and they wanted to make you look even better."
"Why are they trying to broadcast me I thought they wanted me in the anbu?"
"They're doing that because you can't tell who's who when you join the anbu. You were mask and become a nameless Shinobi who would sacrifice everything for the village."

Sacrifice? For the village? A nameless, faceless shinobi? That sounds like everything Itachi spoke about. I got to know Itachi when I walked around the Uchiha district to find Sasuke, but just through walking around the Uchiha district and talking to Itachi I could tell there was something wrong with the Uchiha internal affairs.
Nothing really made sense until that night, why would Itachi murder his clan? To test his power? No, he knew the extent of his power very well. For bounty money? This is the only theory that made sense, The eyes of all the Uchiha who developed the Sharingan where missing. Yes, I know Danzo took them, but anyone else without that information we just think is just some power-hungry monster. So the only thing else that would make sense is that Itachi was trying to protect the village from the clan he really cared a lot about. But enough of my brain banter, it's time to meet my teammates for the exam.