Chapter 23- part 1

• Dedicated to My Dedicated FANS <3 <3 <3

*~*

  EMILY'S P.O.V

    *~*

        It was dark all over, everything felt heavy around me and my breathing was hitched. Yet at the same time I felt completely free as though I was on Cloud Nine. I saw bright silver sparkles in the distance. I tried to open my eyes, but they appeared to be glued shut. In the far off distance, I could hear Christian calling out to me- I attempted to reach him but it was impossible to do so.

       I heaved a heavy sigh and instantly started to choke and splutter. I managed to sit bolt upright and open my eyes; She was right there in front- her purple misty form swirling.

        I probably should have showed another type of emotion, I hardly doubt anger was the right one- Fate looked like she could do some serious damage. Well, as much damage as colourful mist could do to someone.

       As I shot up out of my chair, she eyed me wearily... And- did she just roll her eyes?

        So, you're here again?

        Once again, she smiled that sad smile towards me. She hovered on the floor- and I was afraid that that Stefan’s fireplace was going to light her ablaze.

     Wait....What?

     Who's Stefan? And, why does he seem so familiar to me? She widened her eyes in surprise at me and gestured for me to sit on this really comfy pink bean-chair.

    We were in a different room from the last time; but it still held that Victorian feel to it- rich, modern and in more ways than one... very familiar. The room was all pink like it was a little girl's room- pink walls, pink carpets and pink furniture all around. There was a Canadian flag flying at half-mast on a balcony outside of the room and another one as well, which was black with a shining symbol on it...Wait, I knew that symbol.

    I knew this room... And that fire place and those chairs and the chest of drawers and the round Mahogany tea-table with the pink rose petal tablecloth.

     I sank onto the plush pink carpet. The room even had the same Vanilla scent hinted around it. It was all so familiar- nothing had changed.

   Memories flooded back to me so quickly that I didn't have time to react- especially not to the sharp vivid clarity of it all. A little dark-haired girl running in a meadow filled with flowers, a Wolf and a woman chasing after her. The woman was dark-haired and hazel-eyed just like the small child. It was clear that she was her mother.

   But it was that Wolf who scared me. I couldn't quite place him- then he shifted and came towards her, grabbing her up and she was giggling, laughing- happy. I let out a frightened squeal in shock and disbelief. Could it be true? Could this be the man of my torment over the years?

   Of course not! A voice resounded- it seemed to come from all around me; but I had no chance to ponder it as I was bombarded by more images.

    That man- holding the little girl, being happy-laughing, smiling. The dark haired lady beaming proudly at the two of them from in the kitchen; baking pies and cookies- the way moms do.

    Tears trickled down my cheeks at the painful memories. I remembered those people- I remembered it all. I was that girl, the lady my mother and that man...I needed to see it. I wanted proof that he was innocent of all the crimes and hatred. But I looked so much like him! It was impossible to forget him.

    Then, one more image flashed before me and I was relieved. Another man- I called him 'Uncle'; he was the one who abused me. The man that made me cry and hurt in pain and suffering every night. He wasn't my real father, but he made me believe that because I was too young to recall the memories by myself.