Chapter 39) Just When Everything was Fine

Roman's Point of View

I couldn't believe how perfect Hayleigh really was. The way she let JoJo tell everyone, not only showed, but proved to me, she was not in this marriage just for me, but also for her. I knew in my heart she wanted to be a part of JoJo's life, and include her in on everything. As soon as JoJo told everyone, I looked on everyone's faces were priceless. Hayleigh's parents, Seth, and Dean's would have caught flies if we were outside, and my parent's and Marie's had smiles all over them. After the shock, they all came up, and congratulated us. After a few minutes, Seth said something, that made us all laugh.

"Great, now I'm gonna have three of them busting on me," he said, throwing his hands up in the air.

"You got that right," Hayleigh told him laughing.

After everyone got done hugging us, we all sat down and talked for a while, until they already started planning a baby shower. I looked over at Hayleigh, and seen she was starting to feel uncomfortable. Before I had the chance to say anything, she did.

"Babe, I'm going to sit outside for a minute," she said, as she stood up. 

I grabbed her wrist and looked up at her.

"Are you okay?" I asked smiling.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just need some air," she said smiling.

She bent down to kiss me, then walked out the door. Everyone was still talking about the baby shower, and I stood up to go to the bathroom.

"Dude, can you get me a drink, while you're up?" Seth asked me.

"Really, you can get your....," I said, before Seth jumped.

"What the....," he yelled, and turned around.

I looked behind the couch, and seen JoJo was standing behind him.

"Now you're standing, you can get your own drink," JoJo said laughing.

"What did she do?" I asked him.

"She pulled my damn hair," Seth whined.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"That's what you get," I told him.

"How the hell am I supposed to handle three of that, when I can't handle one?" He asked smiling.

"I don't know, but while you're figuring that out, I'm going to the bathroom," I told him, still laughing.

I went upstairs, and when I came back down stairs, JoJo wasn't there.

"Yo Seth, what did you do to my daughter?" I asked him.

"I sent her outside, with Hayleigh," he said, crossing his arms.

"Really? She got you that good?" I asked him smiling.

"Yes, I can still feel the pain. She got a good....," was all he got out, before JoJo came running in the house.

"Daddy, she's crying," JoJo informed me.

I went out the door, and Hayleigh was on her way back in the house. I can see the tears rolling down her cheeks.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked, pulling her into my chest.

"Nothing's wrong, JoJo just said something, that went straight to my heart," she said sobbing.

JoJo? What did she say, that can possibly do that? I hope it wasn't anything bad.

"What did she say babe?" I asked her, putting my hands on her shoulders.

"I'm not going to tell you, let her when she's ready," she replied.