Shelter

• Dedicated to My BFF Charlie B

This is my first ever story so please don't be angry if I don't update all the time.

..................................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 1

POV Leah

Waking up to the sound of screaming, I jumped out of my warm bed and rushed through my door, only to find my little brother, Daniel tearing round the landing wailing like a banshee.

"No no no!" he screeched at a louder decibel than most woul believe possible for a small four year old boy.

With my mother following close behind, trying to get close enough to hold him down and brush his teeth, it was a rather comical sight.

This had been happening more often since he had heard that pirates never brushed their teeth, and he had made it his life's mission to not only be a real life pirate, but apparently to make my mornings that little bit more exciting.

I turned to go back into my bedroom, just as Daniel knocked Grandma's favourite blue vase over the banisters. He was in for it now, it was one of the few things we had to remind us of Grandma before she disappeared some years ago.

As I looked into my wardrobe to decide what to wear today, I remembered that we had a history trip today to see an old World War 2 bomb shelter. We had to complete a project on it afterwards, which would probably mean very little sleep the night before it's due.

I finally decided to wear white skinny jeans, a cute light blue sweater and light blue converses.

As I crept downstairs in order not to provoke my mother's anger once more, as she was already mad at Daniel, for knocking Grandma's vase over, I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl on the kitchen table.

I heard my mum shout from the living room,

"Leah, can you come here and help me clean up your brother, he's stepped in the dog poo again."

With an exasperated sigh I replied,

"Not now mum I have to go to school, I'll see you this evening." And with that, I bolted for the front door so as not to be dragged into any more early morning dramas.

As I ran for the school bus, I wondered if anything unusual would happen today. I dismissed that thought after a few seconds, nothing unusual ever happens here I thought, no not in the positively tiny town of Welton.

I arrived at the bus stop to find a newcomer, she was tall about 5'6 and had long blond hair. She was wearing a black Muse shirt and blue faded skinny jeans.

"Hi, your a new right?" I asked her with a smile.

"Yeh" she replied "Kinda nervous, first day and everything." She returned my smile.

"What year are you in?" I asked hoping she would be in mine, she looked nice, maybe we could be good friends.

She pulled out her time table,

"Err... year 10 classroom E1, Form teacher Mrs Newson." She answered.

"Yeah same as me!" I told her happily, "Cool we're in the same form!"

"What's your name?" she asked shyly.

"Leah Bravaton, yours?"

"Oh I'm Stacey Breen."

As the bus pulled up, and we climbed on, I hoped today would be a good day.

..................................................................................................................................................................

I know it isn't very exciting yet, but it will be soon just bear with me please.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!!