Ch.78 Buddha Jumps Over the Wall

Chapter 78: Buddha Jumps Over the Wall

The next day, after breakfast, Old Master Shen and company prepared to go home. After all, Shen Fu's father and Shen Yan both had things to do and Lin ShuYi was busy with the restaurant as well. This time, Shen Fu's mother wasn't so reluctant to leave because she had realized that S City and H City were very close. If she wanted to come, it was just a few hours journey. Plus, Shen Fu said that they would renovate the house. After that, his mother would be able to stay for however long she wanted. Hearing this, Shen Fu's mother was delighted, but Shen Fu's father most certainly wasn't.

Just after Shen Fu's parents and the others left, Lin ShuYi and Shen Fu moved into Old Man Yang's house. The earlier they started renovations the better. They'd still need a month or so to air the place out afterwards. If they started now, they could probably move in by Chinese New Year.

That's right. There was only less than three months to go until the New Year.

This was the first New Years Lin ShuYi would experience since coming here. It had been over half a year already. Time really did pass quickly. However, when he considered how it only took half a year to get to this point with Shen Fu, he wondered if they might've been too rushed. But honestly, who cared if it was rushed? Being a bit reckless was better than living in regret of not acting. Love had little to do with time.

With their lives getting on track, time passed quickly. Especially when life was so fulfilling yet peaceful. Shen Fu thought that this kind of life was heaven.

Lin ShuYi's house renovations hadn't been going on for long, just half a month at the moment, but it was about finished. XiQin Restaurant was managed by Lin ShuYi, so Shen Fu took on the responsibility of supervising the renovations to their house. This house was very special to them both, so they were both very concerned and careful when it came to the renovations. After all, this house would be their first home.

Shen Fu poured his heart into this house. From the structure to the choice in materials, all of it he participated in personally, like how Lin ShuYi had when renovating XiQin Restaurant.

Since this house was a small courtyard house, it did take up quite some land, but since most of that was occupied by the courtyard, the house was small. Shen Fu's plan was to reallocate some of the courtyard to actual housing, so that they had more room. They were going to turn it into a sort of American villa style house and build the structure up taller so that there was more room without having to take up more land.

Though it was going to be in the style of those American villas, Shen Fu didn't make the house stand out too much from its surroundings. After all, your home wasn't like a restaurant, you didn't need it to stand out or show off. Apart from the massive glass window on the second floor that stood out, the entire place just looked a little newer, a little more carefully decorated. But in reality, Shen Fu really had poured everything into this house, and it was obvious from the interior.

None of the rooms were particularly huge, with five bedrooms and two common areas. The rooms seemed to all be done in similar styles, but there were unique aspects to each room. The massive glass window on the second floor spanned the length of the living room. If you opened up the curtains, you could see all the sights around them. The floors were done with tatami and several couches were placed there. There was a bar with a very different style, that surprisingly didn't clash. Then behind that was a mosaic display case. It was a tradition of the Shen Family's to collect different kinds of alcohol, it seemed. Not only for Old Master Shen and Shen Fu's father, but even Shen Fu had a cupboard of good alcohol. He could bring it over and let Lin ShuYi, with his amazingly high alcohol tolerance, try some.

Apart from these five rooms, there was also a loft with a skylight. It was the treasure of the building, and even Lin ShuYi hadn't seen it yet. When the curtains were opened under the night sky, it would be like bathing in the light of the stars. It sounded very poetic, but Shen Fu would never tell anyone that his original intentions were much dirtier.