Chapter VII: A (Not-So) Chance Encounter

Dedication: 

Because her AUs 'Love' and 'Soulmate' inspired me to write my own. Also, she is an awesome writer. A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶h̶ ̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶v̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶A̶U̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶

But mostly she inspired me and she is an awesome writer. Seriously, go check out her oneshots; they are *chefs kiss*

~~~~~~

Aiden pinched the bridge of his nose. Rudy had been previously annoying, but now he was getting near unbearable. And that wasn't even the worst part. Every time Brynne and Rudy crossed paths, Brynne looked ready murder Rudy. Which meant that he had to be the peacekeeper between both of them. Again.

"Hey. Cuz. Cousin. Aiden. AIDEN ACHARYA!"

Aiden looked up. "What now, Rudy?"

He raised the slender glass alembics filled with attar in his hand. "What are these?"

"Bottles of attar. Attars are a kind of fragrant essential oil. Mostly made out of roses."

Rudy became bug-eyed with wonder and his eyebrows shot up. "So basically these are a kind of cologne."

"Yes. Now put them down, they're delicate."

I have no idea what cologne is.

Rudy grumbled. "Don't talk like you're older than me." But he put them down anyways.

Aiden smirked. "Not older than you, huh? Cousin dearest, I'm 18. You're 17."

Rudy rolled his eyes and walked off to find something to spark his interest, mimicking Aiden all the while. But then his eyes and interest landed on something. Something that should not have sparked his interest, and so it naturally did.

"A GOLDEN ALEXANDRITE?!!"

Aiden rushed over to the table where he kept the jewel and with one swift moment, he picked it up.

Just this very morning, some strange things had happened to the jewel, which included spooky prophecies, weird engravings, and a color-changing and egoistic jewel which could. . .talk. Even then, the words of the bone-chilling prophecy circled his head.

Across the Forest of the Lunar Passrines,

Across the Land of the Moon Twins,

Lies the magical seam,

Joining the thread of both your desires and dream;

To win a treasure both owned and lost,

To win a wish both heat and frost,

Step into the mystical Land of Therondric,

But keep in mind that,

Every victory here has to be pyrrhic

What did it even mean?

There you go. Add that to Aiden's ever-growing list of things he'd never be able answer. Or so he hoped.

"PRINCE AIDEN ACHARYA!!!"

Aiden shook his head and stepped back. "What is it again, Rudy?"