30.

"Go ahead and cry little girl, nobody does it like you do."

***

"That went so much better than I thought

"That went so much better than I thought."

I trailed nonchalantly behind Celine, slipping out of my heeled wedges and placing them neatly besides the threshold. I wined slightly at the painful feeling that shot through my toes.

Walking around in heels was definitely a bad move.

"You thought it wouldn't have gone well?" I asked her, flopping down on the nearest couch with a tired sigh. I shut my eyes and awaited her response.

"Well you aren't the most easily approachable person."

My eyes shot open and I gasped. "Says the girl who made up an excuse about falling down a flight of stairs in order to avoid going on a date in ninth grade."

She scoffed and squinted her eyes. "It was with Blake Riley. You know why I couldn't go out with him."

"Him being a Sagittarius would not have affected your relationship." I shut my eyes once more and could practically feel the daggers she shot onto my skin.

"You know I have bad luck with Sagittarius men." She argued.

"You have bad luck with all men."

Silence filled the air for a few seconds before we both burst out into a fit of giggles.

"That's why I play for both sides now." She winked, and more of our unfiltered laughter filled the air.

"No but seriously. I'm so glad you two get along so well." She smiled appreciatively at me and I reciprocated the expression.

"You two are the most important people in my life now."

The smile that lingered on my face dropped at the subtle mention of her lack of parental support. I immediately felt anger bubble inside of me at how awfully they had treated the sweet, loving girl who I had known for so long.

"Even if I didn't like her—I'd make an effort to get along with her. If you're happy I'm happy."

"I know. And I appreciate that more than you know. You're my favorite home wrecker Gi."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, raising my middle finger towards her which caused her to laugh happily.

"How is he anyway—Alex?" she asked, toying with the material of her dress.

"So great. I'm so happy Cel. It sucks because I have a really bad gut feeling telling me to not get too invested but I think I'm already in too deep."

She frowned at my statement. "You think something's wrong?"

"No. Well, yes. But I'm probably just overthinking things."

She nodded in understanding and I stood up, stretching my arms over my head with a yawn. "I think I'm going to head to bed." I announced, grabbing my purse off the side table.