Eleven | Back To LA

- Dana's POV -

I open my eyes and notice that the room was rather quiet. The only thing I could hear were the sound of faint footsteps walking back and forth in another room. I swing my legs from over the couch and stand to my feet stretching. Then I walk to Justin's bedroom to see him gelling his hair and combing it gently. He looks at my reflection in the mirror and spins around, smiling.

"Good morning beautiful." He winks.

I blushed and felt myself get goosebumps. "Good morning."

Justin turns back around and gets back to work on his hair. "You were out cold last night."

I giggled and walked further in the room sitting down on his bed. "Yeah, I know. I was waiting for you but I guess I just fell asleep."

He puts his comb down and takes a final look in the mirror before joining me on the bed and slinging his arm around my shoulder pulling me into him. "I'm sorry babe. Scooter was talking business."

"What was he saying?" I ask curiously.

"He was just giving me the details of how the next two weeks are going to be for me. Y'know, so I won't feel like I'm missing out anymore."

"What happens after those two weeks?" I asked. I kind of wished his schedule wasn't so busy so it could just be him and I again.

"Relaxation." Justin places his chin on the top of my head as I sit there and smile in satisfaction. There's a long moment of silence between us before Justin speaks again. "Dana, can I ask you something?"

"Sure..." I said rather slowly.

"What happened with you after I left?"

I frown. "What do you mean?"

"With school and stuff."

I stare straight ahead of me and shrug. "I don't know." I answer in all honesty. "I went back for a little but after a while, I stopped. I didn't wanna go anymore because it didn't feel the same. Especially without you. I've always dreamed of going to that school ever since so was twelve but, I guess it didn't have what I was looking for. At first, I was stoked to finally get a chance to go. But as the months went by it just...it didn't meet my expectations." I sigh. "Don't get me wrong, there were fun moments. Maybe that was just because you were there, I don't know."

Justin sat there and listened intently to every word that I'd said. "So what now?" He asked softly. "What is your future looking like now?"

I chuckled. "Gee, I haven't thought about that part yet. Maybe I'll just find a job and stay around to help nonna and nonno. I still want to sing. I always have and I always will. Maybe I'll do local events around LA. That way I'll never be too far. My grandparents are getting old and pretty soon nonna won't be able to take care of nonno the way she does. Someone's going to have to take car of her. I need to be that someone. After all the years she's taken care of me, I at least owe her that much."

Justin rubs my arm and let's out a small, "Hm."

"I could never have your job." I say. "You're always so busy. You've probably visited every place in the world." I felt him smile. "You're just...you're so blessed." I pull away from him and look into his eyes. "And I'm so proud of you."

We look into each others eyes and Justin leans forward slowly. Just as he's about to press his lips to mine the door swings open and Kenny's standing in the doorway.

Justin groans and shakes his head. "Again Kenny, really?"

Kenny nervously laughs and scratches the back of his head. "Sorry man."