03 - A shopping trip, a frat house and a quick way to heaven

A smoothie and two sandwiches accompanied Zea and my little delegation as we stepped into home-depot, an hour later. Starbucks was surprisingly over crowded today, for a Saturday afternoon.

"Where to?" Zea asked me, slurping her smoothie, as I wheeled our cart around the store.

"I was thinking we could buy those little plant hangers that fall from the ceiling," I explained, glancing over at her, "They'd look good in our dorm." I continued.

"Fizzy we've talked about this, we're college seniors, how much longer do you think we could survive in that dorm room? I'm telling you, we should rent a room in the fraternity house I mentioned to you," she began as I rolled my eyes wheeling the trolley ahead.

Zea wants us to move to a fraternity house that is a few blocks away from college but the thing is that I really can not afford to pay rent right now, besides I hate crowds and that frat house is packed. There's always parties and celebrations happening and how am I supposed to focus on my studies and work in all the mess? I don't know about Zea but I really need that scholarship. When, however, I try to put some sense in her, by presenting my argument she always dismisses me, right now, for example.

"You're boring," she scoffed as I repeated my words to her for the hundredth time in a month. She'd mentioned the topic earlier once or twice but for the past few weeks she's been really pressuring me, by pressing her words every now and then.

"Fine. You can go and find some other idiot to put up with your insanity," I replied, annoyance dripping from my words.

"I can't, you're my only idiot." Zea laughed as she side hugged me, slurping her smoothie real loud.

"Stop it," I giggled hugging her back. All of my annoyance and anger melting into a puddle, pooling my feet.

"Little plant hangers that fall from the ceiling?" She asked, mimicking me.

"Little plant hangers that fall from the ceiling." I nodded my head as we took a right turn down the aisle.

...

"Are you sure we need this?" I asked Zea as the cashier scanned 16 packs of ramen noodles, she decided to buy at the last moment.

"A necessity." She replied matter of factly as I handed the cashier the items from our cart.

"That'd be 30 dollars 67 cents," he smiled, handing me the bill.

"I'll pay you when we get home for my items," Zea beckoning me to hand him the money.

"Keep the change," I said, eyeing Zea to help me with the bags.

"I think we over spent," I admitted as we stepped out in the open air, walking towards her Ford.

"Nah, it's cool,"

I shook my head at her insensitivity and closed the trunk of the car after putting all the bags in.

"Shoot!" I exclaimed as I took my phone out. The lockscreen displayed 6 notifications, 3 of which were missed calls from mom.

"What?"

"I forgot I had agreed mom that I'd do the groceries for her," I sighed.

"Mama's girl, aren't you?" Zea teased me. This may not the best time to do so.

"Shut up," I snapped.

"Fine, fine, we'll drive down to target," she chuckled starting her car, setting it alive.

"Be quick, there's nothing at home for her to make dinner with," I closed my eyes letting the cool wind wash off me. "Besides, its getting late either way."

"It's six in the evening for God's sale!" Zea cried out loud, putting her hands in air.

"I don't like the dark," I replied.

"What are you? Six?"

"Shush," I repeated, as she pulled over the curb, turning the car around, pressing the accelerator.

"Zea slow down you're exceeding the speed limit!" I cried.

"You asked me to be quick didn't you?"

"Yeah, this is a quick way to heaven." I sniffed as she chuckled, pulling over another curb.

"You asked for it bb," she replied as I held on for dear life wondering how in the world she managed to get her driver's license.

Hi! I hope you liked today's update, lemme know your thoughts on it :)

Do you relate more to Zea or Fizzy? Comment your answer!

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and add!

- Fatima