fifty five

۵ genuine happiness ۵

July 3, 2018

Josie's pov

It's the day before the 4th of July. Lizzie woke us up at 9 in the morning. She woke me up with coffee and I was happily awake. She told us to get dressed to go to the boardwalk. I wore some shorts and a cute top. I straightened my hair as well. "You look so cute baby" I said as I hugged seb from behind.

"Just like you doll" he said as he looked at me with a smile. I gave him a kiss then Downey came in. "Ew no let's go" he said as he grabbed Seb's arm pulling him out the room. "Nope you sit next to Liz" Downey said as he took seb up front with him.

I sat next to Lizzie and tommo in the car. We drove to a little cafe by the boardwalk for breakfast. I got chicken strips and fries at 11 in the morning. They all looked at me weird but I didn't care. I'm still a kid in my heart.

"Should we get tickets or bracelets for the rides" Downey asked us all. Mackie said tickets but Lizzie and I said bracelets. We got tickets to ride the rides on the board walk. "Let's go on that one" Chris pointed at it. "Yeah no" I said looking at the ride.

"What why?!" Mackie said looking at me. "It goes in a circle" I said pointing at the rollercoaster. Tom laughed at me and I flipped him off. They forced me onto the ride. I sat next to seb and Mackie. I hated everyone. I held on to Seb's arm the entire time and kept my eyes close too.

Afterwards, we went on a few more rides then took a break to get so my food. We found this great stand on the boardwalk selling authentic tacos, so you know my Mexican ass had to get some. Well four to be exact. "So what the plan for tomorrow liz?" Mackie asked as we were all eating at a picnic table.

"Glad you asked" Lizzie said before Tom caught her off by laughing. "Watching fireworks on the beach at 8" she stated first then Chris laughed and said "unless you are josie then in the house" I looked at him and slapped him. "Don't tell me your scared of fireworks kid" Downey said looking at me.

I just looked at Chris. "Wait josie are you?" Seb looked at me. I gave Chris the death stare. He kept laughing and I told him "vas a ver carbon" Tom tried figuring out what I said. "No way you are a kid" Mackie said laughing at me.

"I have my reasons" I said as I took a bite of my taco. They all looked at me waiting to tell the story so I did. "I was about 8 in Mexico para las fiestas y pues they had these fireworks that fly out" I said trying to explain to them. Mackie just said so y'all wilf out there.

"Basically and I was watching it when my mom saw one fell in my hair burnt a piece" I said looking at them. Chris could not help himself but laugh. "Then a few years pass I go back but this time I'm at the other end of the fireworks and I still got burnt on my foot" i said and Mackie was now joining chris.

"Bad luck with fireworks huh" Seb said looking at me with a smile. Assholes. "Aww poor thing" Lizzie said and I flipped her off. Then we went to talking about the plans. Downey said him and the boys can barbecue for lunch. Lizzie said that we would watch them cook.

I liked that idea. After we finished our tacos, we decided to go on the beach and watch the sunset. It was calming in a sense. I saw everyone watching the sun set with a smile on their faces. This right here, right now this exact moment was one of the best moments.

Then Seb pulled me in between his legs and put his arms over my shoulders. I grabbed his hands and looked up to him. He gave me a quick peck and I smiled looking into his blue eyes. This must be what genuine happiness feels like.

end of chapter.
short & sweet