All Covered Ms. Robinson

Ashley's pov

My cuckoo clock alarm goes off, in the morning. I moan and thrash around in bed, then I notice how cold my shoulders are. I growl and know it's my roommate and also best friend, Maddie. "Maddie," I huffed. "15 more minutes!" I whine.

She scoffed. "Girl, you don't have time for 15 more minutes!" she kept snatching at my blanket, while I try to pull it back over my shoulders but Maddie was so strong I gave up, feeling the chill on my body. I head footsteps of my other roommate and also friend: Paris.

"You heard her, come on Ash, get out of bed! You don't want to be late for the plane to France!" She took me by the wrist, pulling me off the bed, I dropped to the floor with a huge thump.

"Fuck you guys," I mumbled. I could see in the background of Maddie, there was Paris picking out my outfit to wear on the plane, and to see this rich bitch snob, Eliza Robinson. Yes this designer, I was supposed to be painting her portrait for her big mansion. I'm just here to do my job, and get it over with. It was started with her publicist calling me.

Paris took a one long sleeved black mesh pencil dress, quickly while Maddie was in the background taking out some of her make up, and rushed to me. Paris made me step in the dress and zip it in the back. They were rushing around me like a make up crew, as Maddie did my face, Paris help me slip up in sheer black stockings, and her black stilettos. I couldn't thank them enough, the girls knew this job would be my future, I will be getting two-million bucks for this one skillfully painting portrait.

"Why are you guys helping me out?" I asked.

They laughed at me and smiled with their heart. "Don't you know who you are painting?!" scoffed Maddie. "This is Eliza Robinson we're talking about, only the top female fashion designer in the world!"

"Ash, this is your chance to leave this shabby dump and stop paying off so much for college, your dad would finally be put rest for a while knowing his daughter has two-million bucks, this could open doors for you," said Paris with a soft angelic voice.

"All finished!" beamed Maddie  

I got up from off the bed, walked across my bedroom where my suitcase is and the separate duffle bag of art supplies were. I picked up both bags. The girls walked me out to the apartment, still in their pajamas, they looked as if they were going to cry and never see me again.

I whistled for a taxi, it came up soon but I was then distracted by my phone buzzing, it was a text from my dad. Ash, forgetting someone? I chuckled and playfully rolling my eyes. My phone buzzed again, another text from him. Turn around princess!

I turned around and jumped, startled. It's my dad. "Daddy!" I gasped and jumped on him. I love my dad, after all he's all I have left. My grandma died cancer, grandpa died in the Vietnam war, cancer took mom. Well dad and uncle Lou, and his wife, my aunt Anne.

Behind my dad, were the girls smiling, I gave them a quick hug and kiss both their cheeks."Bye guys!" they waved back, with a simple; "Good luck Ash!"

"Hey honey," dad walks me to the taxi, while the taxi driver carefully places the cases in the trunk. Dad and I talk. "your friends told me you were going to Paris, France honey, I can't believe you wouldn't tell me you were going and not let me wish you a fair well for the time you are gone."

He was right, I should have told him days ago, it is kind of embarrassing that he had to find out from Paris and Maddie. "Daddy I'm sorry but if I didn't tell you, you wouldn't let me go and I need this money,"

He had this sincere old man look, he kissed my forehead. "Honey you know I know this is important, of course I'd let you go..." he sighed and looked down. "you are becoming your own person honey, you are becoming a woman, you look just like your mother when I first met her-- Just be careful, the French are too passionate for a sweet young lady like you, you know what to do when someone is looking at you funny right?"