09, days of chaos

"ALBY, THIS ISN'T SOMETHING a couple nights in the slammer will fix

"ALBY, THIS ISN'T SOMETHING a couple nights in the slammer will fix." Minho commented. Him, Alby, Newt, Gally, Winston, Frypan, Trinity, Daphne, and the other keepers of the sections stood in the home stead, having a gathering the next day.

Newt stood up, crossing his arms. He glanced over at Daphne, who sat next to him, looking down at her arms. "He's right. I want him banished."

Daphne's eyes widened at his words, looking up. "Newt, that's a bit much—"

"No, no, it's not." Trinity cut her off, standing up as well. "He assaulted you, he touched you without your permission. He deserves to suffer in the maze!"

"Trin—" Daphne spoke up.

"Nene, what would have happened if I didn't get to you in time?" Newt turned to her and Daphne looked down. "It terrifies me just thinking about it, and I was scared as shit when I found you with him."

"Daphne, would you be able to coexist with Enzo in the Glade if he stayed?" Alby looked at the girl.

"Are you bloody joking?" Newt yelled.

"You're kidding!" Trinity said.

"Daphne." Alby called, giving Newt and Trin a look. "We have to think this through carefully, we all know banishment is just a death sentence. He's been here for barely a week."

"I fail to see your point." Frypan shrugged.

"He's right, Alby," Winston agreed. "I think you should banish him."

"So do I." Newt nodded and Daphne gave him a look.

"I just want him away from me." Daphne mumbled and Newt sighed, sitting back down next to her.

"Daph, I've known you my entire life, whether I remember it or not," Trinity spoke. "You won't ever be able to relax if he stays."

"He's right love, you won't ever feel safe." Newt whispered, glancing at Daphne. She sighed, tears brimming her eyes. "I know you're scared of him, and this way he can't try to hurt you again."

"It's what he deserves, Daphne." Gally spoke up, agreeing. "He hurt another Glader, that goes against one of the few rules we have here."

"And if he dies, so what?" Minho shrugged. "He's not a good person, he's getting what's coming to him."

"All those for banishing Enzo." Alby said and everyone raised their hands except Daphne. Newt looked at her, holding her hand before the girl raised her other hand. "He'll be banished tonight."

-

Just like yesterday morning, Daphne and Trinity stood behind a crowd of Gladers. Daphne grew nervous when she saw Newt and Gally dragging Enzo towards the door of the maze, Trinity pulling her sister closer to her.

Some of the Gladers held torches in their hands, the others holding staffs. Newt threw Enzo on the ground, grabbing a staff from another boy and pointing it at Enzo. "Not gonna lie to you, you little bastard, I'm gonna enjoy this."