My Sister's Posessed By Demons - Ch. 1

Start from the beginning

I almost dozed off when I heard a twig snap, but I ignored it, taking it to most likely be an animal. But then I heard a soft swear, with no mistake being a human voice. My eyes were open now, and my head pointed to where the noise had emanated from.

Where only birds and trees had been, a boy roughly around my age stood among them. He was about six feet, with dirty blond hair, a nice build, and a strong jaw. But it wasn't even the abs that so apparently lined his stomach that caused me to sharply inhale a breath. No, it was his eyes. They were a dark greyish blue, almost black, and they seemed to be holding back two life time’s worth of pain and secrets. It seemed only a few seconds that I saw this, for as sure as I was that I saw it then, it was gone now.

I quickly got over the surprise I felt for this stranger being here. "Who are you?" I asked sharply.

He replied calmly, "I'm Xavier, who are you?"

"My name is Leah. What are you doing here?" I find it funny how people answer their names when you ask who they are. Because, your name isn't who you are, it's simply the title that you are called, if it wasn't for who you are, your name would be nothing.

"I'm walking. You ask a lot of questions." He said, sitting down on the rock I had abandoned a little while ago.

I glared at him, "I think I have a right to! You’re a strange man on my property, and I have no idea why you think you can be here."

He laughed at me. I don't know why he laughed; I didn't think anything I'd just say was in anyway amusing. "Leah, I'm not a 'strange man', we go to the same school." I blinked owlishly at him, taken aback. Did we really go to the same school?

"What? No we don't! I mean, I think I would have remembered you. Besides, that still doesn't give you a reason to be on my family's land." I remarked, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Yes we do, Leah." He said, emphasising each word. "We are in the same math class. And I didn’t realize I’d trespassed. I come here every morning, and I’ve never seen anyone here before.”

“Huh. Do we really? And yes, that is because I am usually gone by now. But I decided to stay for a little longer today.” I replied, nodding my head.

Xavier shifted awkwardly, “Yeah, so are you going to make me leave?”

I studied him for a moment, “No, I don’t think I will. As long as you don’t try anything funny.”  He laughed, before moving over on the rock so I could sit down. I arched my eyebrow at him, shaking my head at him. I remained standing.

“Oh, come on, if I had wanted to do something to you, I’d have done it by now.” He said.

I shook my head, “No, not necessarily, it would be much easier for you, and probably more fun, if you got me to trust you then betrayed me. I mean, honestly, if you’re going to be a psychopath, you ought to be a little better at this stuff.”

He threw his hands up in mock surrender, “Alright, alright, you got me. I’ll just have to try harder from now on, then.” He smiled, stuffing his hands in his pockets in a way that was extremely adorable.

I rolled my eyes, and then took a seat on a rock a good few feet away from where he was sitting. He noticed this, eyeing the rock and I up and down, but he didn’t say anything. I turned away, grabbing my iPod out of my hoodie pocket, plugging the headphones into my ears. I nodded my head to the beat, my concentration slowly slipping away. Because of this, I didn’t notice Xavier sneaking up behind me.

“Boo!” He yelled, grabbing my shoulders. I screamed, spinning around and kicking his knees out from under him, and then I realized who it was.

I put my arm out, helping him to get up. “Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry, it’s just, well, you scared me!”