Chapter 1

{2005}

I ran down the halls of the middle school, my gun in my hand. The lights began to flicker and the room soon became cold. Shit.

"JULES!" I shouted as the lights turned out.

Double shit.

Then, there was the young girl. Her hair was parted directly in the center and you could she the patches of skin missing. As I breathed, puffs of smoke came out.

The girl quickly moved closer and I shot the rock salt at her, to buy myself some time.

"ERIN!" Jules faintly called from a distant room. Attempting to follow her voice, I reloaded my gun. Hopefully, the girl wouldn't appear again for the next few minutes. There were faint footsteps from behind me, so I swung around and held the gun to its face. A man began to wave his arms.

"No, no, no I'm here to help," he frantically said. I reached into my pocket and splashed some holy water in his face. "See? Human. I'm a hunter. My name is John Winchester."

"Have you seen my friend. I don't know where she went," I was terrified, because last time Jules was possessed and I almost killed her.

"Juliet?" I nodded. "She is in a room with salt lining all the entrances. And just in case that little dead bitch gets in there, she has a gun. And some iron."

"Alright, good."

I walked past John and headed towards the basement. The research I had done said that there was a little girl who was murdered here fifty years back. Her name was Eliza and she was killed by the principal by getting hung, then skinned. I didn't understand the skinning and neither did Jules until we found a quilt made out of human flesh hiding away in the principal's old house's basement under the floor. "Someone had a strange hobby," Jules had said. I laughed, knowing it must have been true. Eliza's body was buried in one of the basement walls, which wasn't very specific.

John's phone began to ring in the distance and I started to worry. What if Eliza had heard us? What if she comes over to me and kills me? I shook these thoughts out of my head and sped over to the basement.

I found the door and made my way down the dark stairs, noticing all of the extra school supplies down here. The lights all shot back on, which startled me. Then I saw another one, standing right in front of me. It wasn't Eliza, but Mary, who was killed by Eliza a few months ago. That was what brought us here. Mary walked over to me and I held out the gun, loaded with rock salt. Just as I was about to pull the trigger, Mary pointed to a wall. Was she trying to help? I heard that sometimes the victim will help the hunter find the body. To serve them justice and peace I guess. I walked over to the wall Mary had been pointing at and knocked once to find it was hollow. I looked over at Mary and thanked her. She vanished as the wall came crumbling down under my hammer. Bones rolled out from the wall and I pulled out my salt. Pouring it over the body, I heard Eliza scream upstairs. Shit. Eliza stood right behind me and forced her hand into my chest. Groaning in pain, I poured gasoline over the bones. I attempted to reach the lighter that somehow ended up on the ground, but Eliza had her hand in me. Someone came downstairs and swung an iron rod right through Eliza. Juliet. She helped me up and lit up the bones. I thanked her breathlessly.

"Let's get you back to the hotel," she suggested, hoisting me up. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and she helped me walk to the bottom of the stairs.

"Should we put out the fire?" I asked, looking at the fire. "This is a school, after all."

"Nah, they won't know who did it so why bother," Jules shrugged. I smiled at her and walked up the stairs. John met us at the top and carried me out to our car. He let me stand and lean against the car.