Chapter 21

Mirko's agency

"first room to your right after you take the elevator to the 5th floor." the desk attendant tells you.

"thank you" you say while walking away. gripping your suitcase, you walk and admire the huge agency. different varieties of sidekicks and different conversations being held makes you feel more relaxed for an odd reason.

you finally make it to the elevator and push the button to the 5th floor. you stand in the moving elevator, listening to the soft music it provides until it dings.

you walk out and face the door on your right, taking a deep breath before opening the door. you hope this wasn't a mistake.

"gotta try harder than that!" the bunny hero laughs while hopping from wall to wall. what you presume is her sidekick, is attempting to chase after her. pots fall and papers fly everywhere.

an alarm sounds and the hero stops and she stands with her hands on her hips, smirking at her panting sidekick. she looks at the door and sees you standing there completely shocked and confused.

"oh! my lovely intern! come in come in!" she says while waving to you. you hesitatingly walk in and step over the broken pots and papers as you make your way over to her.

"you" she says while pointing at her sidekick "we'll work next week. i would say good job but you need more work. goodbye!" she says. the sidekick starts walking out while still breathing heavy.

she then turns to you, "hi intern! i'm rumi. call me mirko though." mirko says while holding her hand out.

you bring your hand to hers and shake it, "rai y/n" you say.

"i know that! you were really impressive at the sports festival i must say." she compliments.

"thank you"

"your quirk is really interesting. very impressive kiddo." she says.

"thank you."

she laughs and shoves you "no need to be so tense. loosen up!" she says. you rub your shoulder as you awkwardly chuckle.

"come on. walk and talk with me" mirko says while opening the door. you nod and follow behind as the door closes.

"i never do internships. this is my first one. matter of fact, you're the only person i sent an offer to." mirko says. you just nod while taking in the agency once more.

you hear a chuckle and you look at mirko "not much of a talker, huh? i'll have to change that" she jokes. you let out a small breath and rub your neck.

"i'm not the best at interactions, especially with new people. i've started warming up to my classmates though." you say.

"ah i see. an introvert are we?" mirko says as you guys walk down a set of stairs. "i guess you can say that." you answer with a frown.

"rai.. satoshi rai, am i correct?" mirko asks. you sigh and nod "yeah. that's my dad" you answer.

"hm i guess i can see it. the (h/c) hair. that's really it though." mirko says while rubbing her bunny ears. "how about your mother? is there a mrs. rai?" she asks. you simply shake your head in response.