Chapter 6

The day had gone excruciatingly slow not only for Louis, but also for Harry who was slowly making his way to his detention. He's envious of all the students that get to leave for the day while he has to sit and write lines. There was a slight glimmer of hope that this detention would be a tutoring session, since Harry and Mr Tomlinson would be able to focus purely on the tutoring without the distraction of other students. The drama room was unusually tense when Harry walked in, placing his bag on the desk at the front of the room. Mr Tomlinson was sitting at his desk, tensely reading over papers. He had a pair of thin framed glasses on, which Harry hadn't seen him wear yet.

Louis tilts his head, looking at Harry through the top of his glasses and sighs.

"Alright, so are we ready to get this show on the road?"

There was no denying that Mr Tomlinson was pissed off, and had seemed on edge early today as well. He looked exhausted but Harry wasn't going to comment on it. It would just cause too much drama.

"Do I start with wiping the board, or am I picking off any new gum?"

Louis' face brightens up slightly, when he chuckles to himself. He shakes his head, grabbing a book off his table and walking towards Harry. He pulls a chair over and sits in front of Harry.

"I think we'll just stick to this tutoring plan. I think you've had it bad enough as it is,"

Harry doesn't respond. He just quietly pulls out his book and pencil, and writes the date on the top. Louis begins to discuss the elements of drama, and the assignment that was soon going to come up. Harry was more than a bit mortified when he learnt it was a pair assignment, because there was not one single person in his class that would pair up with him. Louis notices the stricken look.

"It will be fine, if you do the right thing and work hard, I think you'll be able to do it,"

"You don't understand, people don't like me,"

"I find that hard to believe,"

Harry looks at Louis, raising both his eyebrows. Mr Tomlinson frowns and shakes his head.

"People don't like me because of who I am. It's always happened,"

Louis swallows hard, trying to remove the ball in his throat. It doesn't move. He does feel bad, like extremely bad. He could feel himself getting more pissed off as he watched Harry continue writing the notes from Louis' books. He wasn't going to lash out at Harry again though, he'd done it too many times before. It was just that Harry was an easy target, and Louis didn't really agree with his life choices but he should learn to deal with it. It's the kid's life, not his.

"What happened to your hand?" Harry asks, not looking up from his writing that he seemed completely focused on.

"I dropped a mug and was picking it up. I accidently cut myself on a piece,"

"That sucks,"

"Yeah...also. I hope you don't take this offensively but your face looks far worse than it did yesterday,"

Harry looks up at Louis through his lashes, his mouth falling into a flat line. How can he not be offended by that? Yes. Clearly his face was swollen, bruised and disgusting but that's because he had someone punch him in the face yesterday. Bruising takes a while.

"Are you trying to say something?" Harry asks, scoffing to himself.

"Don't give me attitude. I was stating a fact,"

"Well, it's something I already know. So thanks for that,"

"What I was trying to get at was...Did anything happen yesterday that I not know of?"