9. Caelan

Caelan POV

2 years ago

I bang on the door yelling out her name with no response.

My heart is breaking into a million pieces and I have no idea how to process any of this, I am losing my fucking mind and she won't answer the fucking door. I shouldn't have left, when she said those words to me 'I Acela Shaw reject you, Caelan Black'... I was completely and utterly out of it that I don't even remember moving, my wolf took over my body and I blacked out.

As soon as I woke up to a trashed bedroom and a scar on my chest from Rion, my wolf. I ran here as fast as I could to explain myself to Acela, I had to, I couldn't let her go- not when I just found her.

What have you done Caelan, what have you done!

"ACELA!" I knock again, this time a little harder.

Why isn't she answering me? God fucking dammit. What if she's hurt?

Feeling my anger and paranoia get the best of me I kick in her front door to her apartment. "ACELA?" I yell out as I shove the broken door out of my way and step into the room.

I sniff the air and it's faint but I smell her, fuck. Her smell.. it's faint but gone.

Everything of hers that was once here is gone.

No no no no, this is not fucking happening.

I do not remember what happened next other than seeing my dad Kane snap me out of my destructive meltdown and drag me out of the room forcefully.

When I came about to my senses and was dragged away I had seen what I had done, the room was trashed and I destroyed every single thing in the room that belonged to her, the wallpaper had claw marks so deep it went through the wall of the next room, I ripped everything off the walls, anything and everything I could see I completely destroyed.

I destroyed everything, I did this... I ruined this and it's all my fault..

*****

It's been a month since the rejection from my mate, Acela Shaw.

In that time I took a good look at my life and got rid of everything and anyone I did not need.

Starting with my first mistake, Arabella Grinmorte.

My family found out everything after I destroyed Acela's room.. I told them everything that I had done and what had happened, that I had been seeing Arabella out of loneliness and stupidity and keeping my mate in the dark of my wrongdoings.

Since then my wolf Rion has disappeared and refuses to speak to me and doesn't let me shift and my father refuses to look at me, we do not even try to speak to each other anymore.

I replay the scene over and over in my head every day, her smiling, laughing, looking at me.. I savor every moment we shared and then like a nightmare it hits me hard.. I think about every single time I hid things from her and lied to her, the look on her face telling me to leave, her crying face has haunted me every single day and night since that day.

I know I do not deserve her after what I have done to her.

I knew it as soon as I first met her. I knew when I landed in The Vale the very first day I met her that she was here, I knew it.. and like I was on autopilot I somehow ended up in the staff side of the palace, and there I was, in the laundry room staring at the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on. Her long wavy chocolate brown hair, her slender body, and curvy hips, those big beautiful blue eyes, I was lost in the moment, I couldn't believe my eyes that she was there and that she was feet away from me.