𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘. 𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐒

"Fine is not good, and not good is horrible,"

- N.L

"VAN DOREN,"

"VAN DOREN,"

Natasha moaned, shoving her face into the cotton pillow. Dawn had started bursting on the skyline, bleeding pastels. Kaz's arms were twisted around her waist, pushing her forehead closer into his chest.

"Tell her to fuck off," Kaz rasped, sleep lacing into his voice.

"I promised," Natasha said coolly. "I said I'd go with her in the morning,"

"It's still night," Kaz protested. He turned onto his back, pointing towards the dark moon - hurrying onto the shadows.

"It's dawn," Natasha corrected. She slipped her feet off the bed, pulling on old clothes from the night before. "Besides, this is nearly as uncomfortable as a sarafan," Natasha pulled at the itchy grey threads that poked out from the hem.

"You look fine," Kaz huffed.

"Fine is not good, and not good is horrible," She twisted her hair up, spraying bitter Frejdan perfume across her body. "It's only a few hours, Alessia, will talk up some Frejdans. I'll find myself some new clothes. You won't even miss me,"

Kaz rolled his eyes, turning onto his side. "Coming, Ivanov," Natasha laughed, pulling open the door and disappearing down the corridor.

"So," Alessia grinned with bright eyes. "You and Kaz,"

"Nothing," Natasha said abruptly. She traced the dead rose with her fingertips biting back a smile. "I slept on the rocker,"

"That's no fun," Alessia whined. She dropped Aaliyah a smile forcing through the double doors. "Inej is loads of fun," Alessia laughed - chasing down the cobbled path.

"I don't want to hear that," Natasha pouted, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm just saying," Alessia smirked, exchanging money from a crisp apple. "At least my final night alive will be something memorable," Natasha slapped her shoulder, fixing the patterned shawl.

"The others will be waiting for us at Raisa's bakery," They turned down the high street, peering into the brightly lit cafe. The walls were sweet pink, silver ribbons wreathing tall columns. "We've got two hours before the meet,"

"What now?"

Alessia's lips crooked into a smile, pointing towards the boasting market square.

"We shop,"

Alessia dragged Natasha down the streets with a laugh, stopping at each stall. "You think this would look good on me?" Alessia held a lumpy brown sweater to her chest, peering down at the rough stitching.

"You'd look like a great big bear," Natasha snorted in Frejdan. The mercher scowled, fat cheeks turning a moody red. "But we'll be glad to take it," she added anxiously, giving the mercher an extra few krydda and running off.