Chapter 22 - Networking

"Quiet down, eyes up here," Aizawa said to his class.

With the UA networking event happening the coming weekend, Aizawa was cracking down on his students' social abilities. Many of them were already networking pros, like Momo and Iida, but there were a few that were sorely lacking in that area. 

"With the event décor already set up in the ballroom, we'll be practicing our manners. I'm lookin' at you, Kaminari," Aizawa grumbled, shooting his scarf out to the boy and yanking him back into his seat. Kaminari yelped and turned to pay attention. "We will be practicing elevator speeches. Anybody know what that is?"

Midoriya's hand shot into the air. "It's when you pack down all the important information about yourself into a minute or two!"

Aizawa nodded. "Correct. Not only will it need to hit the important points, but you'll need to be engaging and friendly. This event is going to be a big opportunity for you guys to expand your networks. Do not pass up this chance. Y/N, if you would," He said, beckoning Y/N up to the front with his finger.

Y/N stood up from the back of the room and strutted to the front. She was wearing vintage aviators, a leather jacket, and black combat boots. She had a fake mustache on her upper lip. Her jacket had a fake police batch on the front, and she took a drag from an imaginary cigarette. She looked ridiculous, and the class laughed as she took a dramatic bow, winking at Uraraka in the front row who giggled in response.

"Y/N was kind enough to agree to being our agency rep today. You'll be treating her as you'd treat any agency. She will be evaluating you on different criteria, and if you don't perform well, she will be reporting back to me. So don't mess it up."

"So we're all just waiting for a turn to talk to Y/N?" Sero asked.

"Y/N isn't the only one you'll be interacting with during this activity. You'll be conversing with each other and playing the part. When I blow my whistle, you'll rotate your partner. Understood?" The class nodded, excited.

~~~

"So, Mr. Kirshima, Tell me about yourself," Y/N said, trying not to laugh. 

"Please, call me Eijirou!" Kirishima played along, his hand extended to her. She shook it, smiling back at him. "My quirk is hardening. I'm able to harden and sharpen my skin to become rock-like."

"Mhm, mhm, very interesting. What kind of experience do you have?" She questioned, stroking her chin.

From across the room, Bakugou stared as Y/N and Kirishima were laughing together. He frowned and watched as Kirishima grabbed her hand and kissed it. She pretended to faint, only making both of them laugh harder.

"Bakugou?" Deku asked, trying to get the blonde's attention.

"Huh? What?" Bakugou snapped, turning to face his partner again. "Oh. Right. Very interesting."

Midoriya sighed. "It's your turn, Kacchan."

"Oh. Uh, I make explosions." He turned back to watch Y/N, who was now... acting out some combat move with Kirishima. The hell were those idiots doing?

Izuku had given up trying to get Bakugou to pay attention. The whistle blew, releasing him from the bad conversation with him, and he made his way to someone else. Kaminari sat at the table replacing him.

"Sup, 'suki-- I mean, hello sir, I'm Chargebolt, your go-to electrical hero," Kaminari greeted, puffing out his chest. "What might your name be?"

"Bakugou."

"Dude, your hero name," Denki whispered.

"Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight."

Kaminari nodded. "Very cool, very cool." An awkward silence followed. Bakugou went back to staring at Y/N, who was now picking at her nails and ignoring a very angry looking Mineta. He chuckled at that, feeling rather proud of her.