"Done," I said, putting down the pen.

"Finally," Keri replied, annoyed, rolling her eyes. "Mail it later. It's about to start."

It was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Why are we even here, Keri? All school events are beyond lame."

"Since when have you cared about lame?"

I didn't take offence. She was totally right. I was not the epitome of coolness - or whatever was classified as coolness in an AmericanHigh School.

"Besides, this school event isn't lame. It's cool. See, all the cheerleaders are here."

"And they make it cool?"

"No," she said, rolling her eyes. "They just prove the coolness of this school event. Loosen up, and enjoy. They're going to have some serious hotties today. I know you're brothers are hot and everything, so you're used to being around hot guys, but try and act more like a girl and just drool over them like everyone else, okay?"

"First, gross. They're my brothers." I had four siblings, all older than me, all boys. Two of them were still in University, but the older two were out of school. Henry was a professional wrestler, and Eli was a quarterback playing for some football team in Chicago. "Secondly, we see all these "hotties" every day."

"But we never have the chance to buy one," she pointed out. "You are going to bid for a guy, right?"

"Hell, no. Count me out of this stupid thing. I'm only here because I owe you one."

"Whatever, Ade. It's about to start."

Everyone was going quiet. I relaxed in my seat, and massaged my temples, preparing for the hour or so wave of boredom that would engulf me.

The lights flickered off, and I sighed. Here we go.

This wasn't some sort of underground teenage human trafficking, or whatever you could be thinking. It was just a boring, stupid, High School Bachelor Auction.

There was massive tension in the room, as everyone waited for the first hot guy to come on stage, and there seemed to be a united intake of breath when we heard some footsteps, drawing closer. The curtain opened, to reveal...

Mr. Hale. Our forty-something-year-old head teacher, who thought combing his hair over would hide the fact that he was balding. Severely.

There was a ripple of laughter, which Mr. Hale immediately silenced with a death glare.

"Welcome...girls... to the Annual Kednall High School Bachelor Auction," he said, his voice frosty and disapproving. It was clear that he didn't think this was "appropriate", and wanted to scrap the event, but everyone knew that it brought in over half of the money made by school sanctioned events every year. "Today, girls, you can purchase a Bachelor of your choice, and he will be yours for two weeks."

He took a breath, and carried on.

"Before it starts, I would like to remind you, that even though you have bought your...Bachelor, you cannot force him into anything...inappropriate, that he...doesn't want."

Titters went through the crowd. It was a well-known fact that Amber Hale (his daughter) had almost raped the hot quarter-back she'd bought last year. The only thing that stopped her was the fact that she was incredibly drunk and high.

He was obviously a great Dad.

"Apart from that fact, enjoy the event. Mrs. Sandy will be the commentator. Raise your paddles, if you want to bid. I think that is simple enough. Shall we start?"