AUGUST, 2018

Seven:

Seven:

Happy grunted when he came, then pulled out of me to rest on top of me, leaning his weight on the elbows on either side of me. He smiled at me so tenderly that I could have burst into tears. "I'm going to marry you."

My heart skipped when he dropped on my bed beside me, and I put my head on his chest while I tried to steady my breathing. Even though I knew that he loved me and I loved him, that we were committed to each other and I had his Crow inked on my skin for the remainder of my life, it was the first time that he'd been so forward about our future. "Oh yeah?"

"Yep." He popped the 'p'. "I'm gonna marry you, buy a house, have a kid. You and me, Free Bird."

I traced my fingers over the tattoos on his stomach. "Harry. Harriet for a girl, Harrison for a boy."

He chuckled sleepily and ran his fingers up my bare back, trailing over his Crow on the side of my ribs. "I like it."

"I like you." I kissed his chest over his heart, ready to initiate another round of love making when I heard it.

The front door opened and there were loud footsteps coming towards my room.

Happy's body stiffened underneath me and he looked at me with a carefully blank face, but I could see the panic that swam in his brown eyes when I got to my feet and pulled my robe around me.

He hadn't made it out of my bed when the door was tossed open and my father's furious red face looked back and forth between the two of us. "Jasmine Elise Michaels, what the fuck is going on here?!"

Happy growled and I put my hand on his forearm to try and calm him down. "Daddy-"

"You." My father pointed his hand at Happy. "Get dressed and get the fuck out of my house. Jasmine, get your ass out into the dining room. Now."

He slammed the door so hard that it rattled and I felt my chest concave in on itself. I'd planned on telling my parents about my relationship with Happy, I really had, but I hadn't planned for him to walk in on us naked.

Happy and I dressed in a tense-filled silence and I grabbed his arm before he could open the door that my father had just stormed out of. "This is going to be ugly. But nothing that he can say is going to change the way that I feel about you, Hap. I love you. Nothing he says is going to change that."

His brown eyes looked conflicted before he pulled me into his chest and kissed my forehead. "I love you, Free Bird."

"I love you, too." I kissed the spot above his heart and took his hand.

With a final breath, we walked down the hallway and out into the dining room where my mother and father were seated at the table, watching us.

I was surprised to see that my mother looked shocked, but there was no anger residing in her gaze. In fact, it could have been my mind playing a trick on me, but I swore that her lips tugged up slightly when she saw Happy's protective stance from where he was angled slightly in front of me.