F o r t y - e i g h t

_____

'' It's always going to be rain, isn't it?''

_____

'' Draco—'' Amelie whispered, leaning closer to his ear, '' Draco, wake up.''

He didn't move a muscle. He was deeply asleep as her eyebrows knitted together — usually, she would let him sleep in and not wake him if she didn't have to, but today she needed to.

It was Christmas, and all she wanted was to dress the tree with him before the rest woke up.

'' Draco—'' She mumbled again, this time nudging him to the side. Still nothing, not a life sign from the blond, and she grew impatient, '' Draco...''

Her lips curled into a smirk as she gently climbed on top of him — straddling him in between the covers as she leaned forward, brushing her nose against his.

'' Wake up, Draco.'' Amelie muttered, his breaths felt hot on her lips, '' Draco—''

She squealed as his arms wrapped around her, suddenly without warning, and he wrestled her into the mattress, towering her instead,

'' What?'' His eyes drowsy, his hair messy, '' What couldn't possibly wait five more minutes?''

Her teeth showed as she laughed at the annoyance he felt with her for waking him up at this hour, '' I'm—''

She continued to chuckle at him as he buried his head into her neck, sighing loudly at her, '' Terribly funny, Amelie.'' Draco's body felt heavy on top of hers — but she didn't mind. She loved having his skin on hers.

'' It was, wasn't it?'' Amelie smiled cheekily as he rolled off her, sitting up at the edge of the bed. His head dropped to his hands as he groaned by the early morning.

Amelie kneeled over the covers as she placed herself behind him, and she kissed his neck softly. The act caused him to lean back against her, softening into the touch she brought.

'' So you want to dress the tree, hm?'' Draco mumbled at the faint pecks she kept on leaving.

'' I do.'' Amelie clung her arms around his neck, '' I really do.''

Malfoy huffed at that before he shifted around to face her fully, '' Then let's go dress the tree.''

_____

'' No—'' Amelie sent him a glare as he draped the tree with the golden claret decorations. She shot up on her toes to drag it back down, '' You can't just hang them however you want. You need to do it symmetrically.''

Draco chuckled, his hands raised at her words, '' My apologies then.''

Her eyes rolled. She sighed at herself for always wanting everything to be in order — for wishing for things to be in the path with another.

'' You know what?'' She let the decoration stay in the place where Draco had placed it, '' Let's do it your way.'' Amelie shyly smiled.

'' Really?'' Draco's arms wrapped around her from behind as his head sunk into her hair, '' That's a first.''

'' Oh, stop it!'' Amelie laughed, slapping his arm gently, '' You know what I mean. I just want things to be precise, you know?''

'' I know.'' He grinned as he let go of her, stepping back to pick up another piece of decoration, and as he did, his eyes fell upon her, how she had to stretch up on her toes to match the globes he'd put, how her nightdress slipped over her figure — the body he couldn't get enough of.