45. The Cluster's Kingdom - Part 1

The Reptilians restrain me, and I can instantly tell there's no way to blast out of these cuffs. The spheres force my hands into fists, and I can't release them.

I'm hauled upstairs. The Cluster is equipped with countless, state of the art weapons that look impossible to defend from. Soon, it's not the two Reptilians anymore carrying me through the halls. I see several of them surrounding me now, mean, and nasty. Slithering behind me like they're ready to throw me into a pot for dinner. They take me to a part of the castle where all the Reptilians and Zusks are socializing, getting drunk, and smashing bottles. These monsters are too busy brawling with each other to pay any attention towards me. I was expecting this place to be regal and formal based on the castle's architect. But the behavior completely offsets the environment, and I think some parts of the castle have gradually over time turned into bomb shelters.

We halt at a double door entrance with giant, horizontal door handles. An old man stops us from proceeding. He's hairy, filthy, so skinny he looks famished—he might be one of the prisoners—and feminine. "His name please?" His high tones sound creepy and don't match his face. "First and last name."

The Reptilians seem to have no idea and glare at me for an answer.

"What is this place?" I ask him.

"Your name please?" he repeats, more forcefully this time.

I attempt to repeat forcefully back. "Where are—" But the Reptilian holding me by the arm punches my back hard and threateningly.

"I could also take you to a back room." He sounds creepier than before, and he's pleasantly smiling. "Make you scream out my name. What do you say?"
I'm not sure if he's hinting, dare I think—rape—to me. But the stranger danger alert forces me to blurt out my name quick. "Devlin!" I cry. "Sag Devlin."

"Devlin, huh?" The creepy man flirts with me, about to touch my cheeks with his two fingers, but I give him a clear warning not to, or else I would bite them off. "Mmm..." he moans. "The Orichalcum thief's son. Put him up next for our big game."

Beyond the double doors is another hallway that's dark, shadowy, and I can barely see the artistic walls. There's distant shouting from multiple species. After we turn a corner, I see a prisoner's face, locked in shackles, arguing with a man chained next to him. Up ahead, more Reptilians socially interact with each other. They stare at our approach. Their tongues skid offensively at me with wet saliva. My walk of shame doesn't want to end. Right when I think we have arrived at our destination; I'm taken to another room with dim lighting. Dozens of Cluster members roar at our entrance. They all look exceedingly different from each other in shape and form. Each one has their own personal style with barbarian-like outfits.

All the furniture has been pushed back to make room for a table in the center. Two chairs, nailed into the floor, are sitting at either side. I see chains and straps to keep anyone from escaping. Two pistols are mounted on poles and pointing at each other. There's a rubber glove attached to put my hand through so I can hold it. And not let go.

It's a game of Russian Roulette set up for two hostages. The rules are horrifying. Put one bullet in each gun chamber, spin the cylinder, and then pull the trigger one at a time to see who will die.

"No, no, no!" I try to wiggle my way free, but the Reptilians push me forward more vigorously.

The crowd is drunk, careless, someone pours beer on me and boos right in my ear. None of these cowards are carrying outrageous weapons on them. Just pistols that are easy to fend off. Someone is wielding a spear and waving it around in my face. It's dooming to know there's nothing I can do to fight them off, especially since they're very defenseless right now. There's so many crowding around me to even shove.