F o r t y - s i x

_____

'' Don't stop.''

_____

'' Stay still—'' Amelie muttered at the blond who repeatedly groaned at her doings, and every time the scissors in her hands clasped together, he flinched, '' Draco, I'll cut more than we both want if you don't stay still.''

He hated this — there wasn't a thing about Amelie cutting his hair that he enjoyed. He didn't want to tell her no because he saw how eager she was about it. Still, he loathed it. Going to a hairdresser was one of the things he dragged out on, simply because he loathed it.

'' Are you done soon?'' He mumbled as she combed through the long strands, '' It's not even that much to cut.''

'' Are you serious?'' Amelie stepped around the chair he was seated on in front of the bathroom mirror, '' Have you ever seen your hair—''

'' Yeah, yeah, just get it over with.'' He shot back as his eyes rolled, '' I'm cutting yours next, I hope you know that.''

Amelie's head tilted so that it leveled his, and she left a soft kiss on his cheek, '' I'm counting on it.'' She smiled back before drawing away to continue cutting it.

The blond pieces she chopped off fell messily over the black tile floor, and the look of it made Draco visibly uncomfortable. He wasn't much for messes either. If he got to choose, which he did most of the time — everything would be sparkling clean.

'' There you go,'' Amelie lit up behind him, lightly clapping her hands together at the excitement she felt, '' Good, right?''

Draco's head shook as he slipped his fingers through it, and with a deep breath — his eyes flickered to look at what she'd done,

'' Oh,'' He hushed himself, leaning closer to the mirror as he studied his new hairdo, '' Not bad, Amelie.''

Her face shifted from the slight concern into an amused grimace as he turned around to face her. His hands dug into her waist, and he closed the space between them.

'' I told you so,'' Amelie bit down onto her lower lip as his jaws clenched at the act, and he slowly dived down — her chin rose to meet him halfway, and just as their lips were meant to collide — Draco dragged to the side,

'' My turn,'' He whispered close to her ear, leaving her on the complete edge as he shifted them around, gently pushing her down onto the chair.

Amelie's eyes rolled as he grabbed the brush and stroked it over the brown strands of her hair.

'' Don't mess this up now,'' She warned him through mocking, and it caused the blond to become plainly nervous.

'' Stop—'' He grumbled, picking up the scissors, '' I'm not going to mess it up, but how much should I cut?''

'' As much as you want to,'' Amelie's sight gazed over him in the mirror, '' I trust you, so just cut it.''

'' Just cut it?'' He sarcastically mimicked her, '' Well, let me just cut it then,'' - and he did. He chopped pieces of her hair off — not too much. He loved the length of her hair.

Amelie hadn't cut it in over a year, and it had grown a lot during those months — it was spilling far down her back, but she didn't mind.

'' Not so much, Draco!'' She shouted as he winced back, scared to death by her sudden act, '' Oh God, Draco, what have you done?'' Her hands grasped at her hair as he stood petrified behind her,

'' You— you said that I could cut—'' He stammered. His voice shaky, '' I'm sorry—''

But Amelie couldn't keep her act together as she burst out in laughter at his reaction, her face buried in her hands as she kept on chuckling at the blond.