Sin

"What is the meaning of your actions My lord?" those deep seductive pools of saffron did not bent instead displaying the contrast of unrelenting and never bending will and sheer power making Azarios believe that the woman infront of him was even though in his palms, her soft body wrapped up in his masculine arms as he possessed her lips that had swelled like red lotus but her aspirations were faraway from him, the exact opposite of his own.

Who would have thought that the golden Queen he was embellishing to stand beside him in the chess game would suddenly escape by his side and now with her power will be against him.

"The meaning?" As if someone had sprinkled chilies on his wound he was reminded again of her betrayal making him laugh indifferently.

"You dare take liberties with me, you have promised me-" Azarios kissed her hard again to stop the words escaping her lips, her small fists tried to move him away yet he did not complied to her wishes. The Empress of Gaerin, he was informed in the secret letter from his sources, she was proposed by countless dukes in her empire, even the King of Daxtros, Rial was very affectionate towards her.

Since when has he become so kind that others were courting his beloved......

"I promised you? When did I promised you that I will ever let you go Lilith? When has this general said that I would not kiss you, touch you and make you mine? Do you detest this one that much.."

"I......we are two opposite banks of a river, Mylord, our ways have always been different." She tried to keep emotion out of her tone which unconsciously leaked as the tremors climbed her frail body.

"Then tell me am I only a pawn in your great game....one that you can bend according to your pleasures and needs?

I suppose It was my own wishful thinking, my assumptions and desires for you have been nothing but nuisance, you have always been cold and unfeeling but this one had assumed otherwise. My apologies." Lilith opened her mouth to say something but the hurt that flashed in his irises for a moment before being completely engulfed by cold ice and a smile, it was as if it never existed.

Azarios took a few steps back before going out of the chamber leaving the gazelle eyed beauty immersed in her own sadness.

__________________________________________________________________

That one night was especially dark with no stars dwindling from the blanket of heaven to disperse the black night and brighten the skies, a woman sat infront of the mirror, tears of pain trailing down her face looking remorseful.

For all the years she has fought and killed, never once has been affection attached to the other person but unknowingly this time she had developed deep sentiments for her enemy.

Her dreams were so vast and the biggest hurdle in it was her own husband, It was like a sea of despair and schemes, everywhere was war and catastrophe. People were so ready to kill her, it was possible that Azarios was playing with her emotions to capture her heart and once he had the control he will discard her brutally......she would be an abandoned woman in no time.

And she was not willing to take the risk, their relationship lacked trust and for someone who had seen brothers killing their own kins, parents slaughtering their children for throne this was not something new.

But the possibility that he was honest with her pierced her heart, it was not about intimacy but the very core of their feud was apprehension and insecurities. Azarios could see Lilith's cautiousness and that wounded him, she knew that he had done every single possible thing that he could to spoil her, never once commanding her when he truly could at the given position yet she ignored all his efforts.