intro

Jaemin skipped down the dock, gripping his ticket tightly in one hand and the other grasping his Americano. The cruise ship came into view and he squealed in excitement, looking at it in all it's glory. Ever since high school, he had hoped that he could one day go onto a cruise ship to Venice and walk down the streets of "The Floating City". 

He originally wanted to ask his friends to come along, but all of them refused. Renjun wouldn't budge an inch and Jisung was under a heap of video games. "Why are they always this problematic." Jaemin heaved a sigh before stopping at a line. There were at least 20 people in front of him, and judging from that size it would be a very boring wait. 

The Americano and ice swirled in his cup as Jaemin shook it impatiently, waiting for the line to start moving. As each person walked into the cruise ship, the more Jaemin loathed to get in. HE tried his best to stay active, doing small twists and stretching a few times here and there. 

The seagulls from above cried and swooped low through the crowds. "How fascinating." He gawked, watching them soar through the sky. His camera hung around his neck, dangling and waiting for him to touch it. As soon as he wanted to though, he was already at the front of the line. 

Once the ticket had been passed to the guy and verified, the teenager ran into the cruise, excitement rushing through him. It was massive and so grand, oh so beautiful that he could've looked at it all day. Although it was sophisticated, it was the good kind. Jaemin wasn't in the architectural field, but he could say that the cruise was very well built.  

There were a lot of families aboard, as expected which was going to be quite lively. A dog's bark came from behind and he turned around to see a big samoyed. Dropping all of his belongings, he ran to the dog, looking at the owner for permission before engulfing his face into it's fur. It was heavenly just to do so with the warm fur against his face. The smiling dog barked and panted, pretty happy with the situation at hand. "What's this cutie's name?" Jaemin smiled at the owner.

"His name is Nono." 

"No I meant yours." 

The girl blushed furiously, not knowing what to say. Jaemin chuckled and brushed his fingers through the dog's fur once more before waving goodbye. "Thank you for letting me pet your dog! A cute dog for a cute owner." Jaemin flees the scene, whistling as he did so. Flirting was another one of his specialties besides photography, dance and playing the piano. Not loosing a skip, he makes his way to his cabin and unlocks the door, slipping his shoes and neatly putting them against the wall. 

The cabin was rather spacious for a single bedroom. A king sized bed with neatly folded towels on top with a small basket of snacks to munch on. A door on the right side of the entrance which led to a small bathroom that smelt like vanilla. With a couch just a few inches away from the bed decked out with fluffy white pillows. He slips off his backpack with a small bounce as it lands on the couch and carefully placing his camera on the study desk. 

After doing so, he let his body fall backwards onto the mattress with his feet dangling on the side. "I'll be on this cruise for at least," he holds out his hands, counting with his fingers, "6-7 days at sea. Lovely!" Jaemin exclaims, erupting into laughter afterwards. Remembering how he had to be quiet, the smiling boy clasped his hands on his mouth. He couldn't hold back his excitement for this trip and no one could argue with that fact. 

Jaemin sat back upwards, looking around the cabin before his eyes landed at the balcony. He rushes to the balcony with his Americano and looks out at the vast blue sea. It was sparkling as the sunlight bounced on the ripples and the waves lapping against the ship. If this wasn't the perfect moment to take a photo then what was? He dashed back into the cabin, lifting off his camera and quickly taking a picture. 

It was such a sight to see and the view was immaculate. "Those two would be sorry for not attending this trip." Jaemin snickered, pulling out his phone and taking a selfie before sending it to their group chat, waiting for the texts to pour in. The ship rocked back and forth slightly, making him almost lose his balance and plummet into the sea below. "Woah! Better go back in while I get the chance." Jaemin scampered back into the cabin with his belongings in his hands. 

He shuts the balcony door before looking out once more. "This is going to be fun!" His fist pumps into the air before a chorus of hums come after. 

[a/n]

hello! i'm sorry if this story isn't that good because it's my first time writing a ff but I'm looking forward to updating it!