Chapter 48

"What are you doing here."

He endured the frowning of his eyebrows, but a trembling voice came out.

Emperor Jovanes hurriedly coughed and corrected his words.

"I mean, why did you come to this place?"

“Just like that.”

Lulak said with a smile, making wrinkles around his eyes.

"It's been 3 years?"

The Lord of Lombardy never left Lombardy's territory.

That was a good thing for Jovanes, but that's also annoying.

The old man knows all the stories of the Imperial Palace, but the Emperor himself just knows a little what's going on inside Lombardy.

"That's it."

Jovanes returned to his composure and responded, naturally sitting at the seat.

“You've been a lot desperate.”

But it's also for a while. At Lulak's words, Jovanes's thick eyebrows wriggled once.

It was incredible that he treated the Emperor as if he had met a town child after a long time.

"How many times did this old man want to come to the Imperial Palace. The last time I met you, I remembered the words of His Majesty and turned around in front of the Imperial Palace gate."

“…… what are you heard, I think I already consider the Lord of Lombardy to be my uncle.”

“I have no confidence to lead this Empire from the Imperial Palace so Lombardy can in and out as if it was your house if you want to get me out of the throne, keep your face on the meeting.... "

"Hmm…."

Jovanes had nothing to say.

It was a natural reaction because it was actually what Jovanes said to Lulak.

“At that time, I was struggling with hard work……”

Lulak, who smiled and looked at Jovanes, who was making a demeaning excuse, said.

“Even though I had endured so much, today I couldn't help but see Your Majesty. Please forgive me.”

".... What the hell is going on. From this dawn."

Jovanes was also curious and couldn't stand it.

To come to the room and wait like this without giving a word in advance, wasn't like Lulak.

“It's a surprise, but do you know what's going on with Second Prince Perez?”

"Perez?"

It was an unfamiliar name to call.

It took a few seconds to realize that it was the name of his son, who had soon forgotten.

“If it were that child, the Empress would be taking good care of it. Are you saying that the reason you came today is because of that child?"

Unexpectedly, Jovanes tilted his head.

"I would like to ask your Majesty one thing. Did you really believe that the Empress will properly take care of the Second Prince and you entrusted her to take care of Perez?"

Lulak honors the Emperor, but not with the Empress.

It was their distinctive way of saying that the Lombardy states were unrivaled.

Jovanes responded whimsically to Lulak's speech, which seemed to be punishing him.

"Are you trying to interfere with the affairs of the Imperial Family now?"