Part - 1

Lena pushed open the door and saw Jungkook, her boyfriend getting ready in a semi formal dress to attend his friend's engagement ceremony that was going to be held in an hour. She entered the room without permission because she has that freedom in the Jeon mansion and in the life of Jeon Jungkook. 

Sensing someone's presence behind he turned around to find her in a maroon dress that is hugging her curvy body. As beautiful as always with her ginger hair and porcelain skin. 

"Why are you not ready yet? I told you to get ready by nine and you are still in front of the mirror. Now we are going to be late for the function." Her lips formed into a pout as she fixed the collar of his shirt. 

"No dear. We will be there on time. Get ready for a car race." He booped her nose with his finger making her pout disappear into a smile. 

Grabbing his car key he intertwined his hand with her and went downstairs.

"What's the function son?" Mr. Jeon folded the newspaper he was reading. 

Jungkook halted his steps before stepping out of the house to answer his dad. "It's Jimin's engagement today. Didn't Mr. Park invite you dad?" 

Park Jimin was one of Jungkook's closest friends and they also graduated from the same college along with Lena. 

"Ohh..I forgot about that and also I have an important meeting within two hours. So I won't be able to attend the function. Convey my wishes to them and tell Mr. Park that I will attend the wedding for sure." 

Mr. Park and Mr. Jeon are business friends. He was sure that Mr. Park is going to give him an earful in their next meeting for not attending the function. 

"Okay dad." 

"When are you-" Before Mr. Jeon completed his sentence, Lena interrupted him. 

"Jungkook, come fast. We will be late." She whined and dragged him out of the house. 

A clear frown finds its way to Mr. Jeon's face. His eyes fixed on the front door as his mind was consumed by few thoughts. 

"Wipe off that frown from your face and have this tea." Mrs. Jeon shows the cup of tea in front of him breaking his thoughts. 

He grabbed the cup from his hand and took a sip. Mrs. Jeon sat opposite to him on the couch.

"Did you think we gave her more freedom in our house than necessary?" Mr. Jeon does not like the way Lena behaves, especially with Jungkook. 

"They are kids Honey. Leave them their way. They are best friends. Jungkook will feel bad if we say something to his friends." 

Lena is the daughter of Mr. Jeon's personal secretary Mr. Han. He was with him for the past ten years. So their family is pretty close to Mr. Jeon's. 

Jungkook and Lena have known each other for these years. They were just friends at first and eventually became best friends. 

Jungkook's parents also gave her much freedom considering her as Mr. Han's daughter and Jungkook's best friend. But they are unaware of the fact that Jungkook and Lena upgraded their relationship to lovers three years back.

They didn't even doubt the relationship between Jungkook and Lena. Because they believed their son would keep his promise.

The function ended soon and Jungkook was on the way to drop Lena. Engagement was grand and everyone was happy because they were one of the popular couples of the campus. Now the next lot is for Jungkook and Lena.

"When are you going to tell your parents about us?" Lena asked fidgeting with her fingers. 

"Soon. Mom already started mentioning about my marriage. So I am waiting for a perfect time to present it to them." He glanced at her face to see her lips curved upward. 

He was not supposed to fall for her. But a long year of friendship and hanging out together made the feeling  of love for her to bloom in his heart and it got strengthened by time. 

"How's the function?" Mr. Jeon asked as soon as his eyes landed on Jungkook,  who just returned back from the function.

"Grand." He sat down on the couch facing his dad. His parents were already in a discussion about something.

"We were discussing your marriage." Mrs. Kim's face shows pure happiness just by thinking about her son in a wedding suit. 

"I think it's time to get married son. Me and your mom are getting old. So it will be good if you get married soon and settle down." Mr. Jeon wants to hand over all the business to Jungkook after the marriage. 

"It's been a long time I am thinking about how to present this infront of you." Jungkook cleared his throat. "Mom...Dad...I love Lena. We have been in a relationship for three years. I want to marry her."

Mrs. Jeon's eyes went wide while her husband fisted his palm to control the anger. 

"What do you mean? Then what about Y/N and the promise you made to her father." Mr. Jeon's blood boiled thinking about the false promise his son gave to his best friend when he was on his deathbed.

Mr. Jeon and your father were best friends from childhood. They both had small businesses in your hometown. Their bond only got stronger after having family and children. 

You and Jungkook grew up together like your fathers. But your friendship soon converted into love when you both were in middle school. You loved each other like there is no tomorrow. 

Both of your parents were so happy that you both found your better half in each other. Jungkook was so caring and loving towards you. 

When you were in your final year of school your father was diagnosed with cancer. Doctors tried their maximum to save his life but nothing was helpful. 

When he was on his deathbed he asked Jungkook if he loved you wholeheartedly. He replied that he loves you more than anything in the world. He even promised your dad that he will take care of you till his last breath. 

"Dad I made that promise when I was a teenager. My feelings changed when I matured." He tries to make his dad understand.

"If you were not sure about your feelings back then, why did you make that promise and give false hope to that innocent girl?" He was more concerned about you.

"We are not even in contact for the past ten years. Then how am I supposed to love her. My feelings for her faded long back. I am sure she forgot me too." 

After a few months of your dad's funeral Mr. Jeon's company shifted toward Seoul. He tried to move you and your mom with his family. But your mother was not ready to leave the place that has your father's memories. 

Your mom started working in a small company for your daily needs. But she never had to worry about you or your studies. Mr. Jeon is the one who takes care of your education. He always managed to give you the best in the educational field. You will be always thankful to him for that.

Unlike Jungkook you never forgot about him. But you prioritize your studies over him. 

"Not everyone is like you Jungkook." Mr. Jeon was feeling furious after hearing all the lame excuses of Jungkook. How can he fall out of love if he loved you like he mentioned to your father. He can't believe that this is his son who was blindly in love with you back then.

"No need to fight. We can't force him to like Y/N. If we forcefully made him marry her. It will only affect her. What's the guarantee that he will love Y/N as a wife when Lena is here. I think we should find  someone better for Y/N."

Her words made Mr. Jeon nod his head in understanding. Forcing him to marry you won't do any good to either of you. 

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Hope you all will like my stories.
Give me your valuable feedbacks.
---》 lunaimagin on Instagram.