DADDY CAKES

●▬▬▬▬▬ ₪ ⇩⇩ ₪ ▬▬▬▬▬●
CHAPTER 16
●▬▬▬▬▬ ₪ ⇧⇧ ₪ ▬▬▬▬▬●

─━─━━─━「₪」━─━─━─━

Finally off my shift, I drove myself home and planned to catch up on my agenda.

Call me weird but I find planning soothing. I should've just studied education.

I open my front door. The lights inside are on. I'm going to assume bucket is inside.

I close my door and kick off those awful daddy sneakers.

My phone rings, I rummage through my purse and hit the green button.

"Hola mama" i say in Spanish. My mom knows very basic English. She usually calls me in Spanish. (Hello, mom)

"Mija te hable para invitarte. Que Vero la de tu Tía Mago, va hacer su quinceañera" she says telling me the whole story. It's the basic Mexican mother run down. (Sweetie, I called you to invite you. Vero your aunt Mago's daughter is going to have a quinceañera)

"Ah apoco ya va cumplir 15?" I ask confused. I thought this bitch was 12. (Really? She's going to be 15?)

"Si ya, pero te quería avisar que le dije a tu tía macho que podía hacer la fiesta en tu casa. Acabo tienes mucho espacio." She says shrugging it off. I pinch the bridge of my nose. (Yeah, but I called you to inform. you that I told your tia she could have the party at your place. You have the room anyways)

"Si pero afuera porque luego me hacen un cochinero aquí" i say strictly. (It's fine but it has to be outside because they'll leave a mess here)

"Ándale pues. Es para el sábado que viene. Yo te llego el viernes" she says. (Ok then. I'll arrive on Friday and the party is on Sunday)

"Si esta bien. Adiós mama" i say shutting the call off. (Yes ok, bye mom)

"You speak Spanish?" I hear from
Behind me making me jump to see Jesus himself.

"AHH!" I yell. I realize it's Bucky and I calm down

"Hijo de tu puta madre!" I yell smacking his shoulder aggressively. "Cuantas pinches veces te tengo que fregar con la misa chingadera?!" (Son of bitch! How May fucking time do I have to tell you to not do the Same fucking shit?"

"Haha, I don't speak Spanish" he says sarcastically.

"You know what it meant!" I say narrowing my eyes on him.

"Weirdly I did" he says. "I was waiting to tell you we we're heading to Germany tomorrow"

"You and Sam?" I ask.

"Yeah, I think we can get someone to talk" he says giving me the inside scoop.

"Sounds like a lot of work" I say "I'm out"

"I wasn't planning to take you" he says knowingly.

"Good" I say "last time I tagged along I was racially profiled and insulted by a psychiatrist" I say scoffing.