Hoping that the reporter lady wouldn't be waiting for him outside of the bathroom, Beomgyu turned the doorknob slowly to be greeted by a face he was glad to see.

"Taehyun—"

"Do you want to head back now?" He asked, noticing the boy's red eyes and puffy nose.

Beomgyu didn't need to be asked twice as he nodded his head.

»»—— ——««

No one seemed to have taken notice of Beomgyu's and Taehyun's disappearance for the first half of the day except for Yeonjun, Hueningkai and Soobin, of course (it was pretty evident as they weren't there during lunch).

Getting through the second half of the school day went by in a breeze as Beomgyu and Taehyun got ready to head out of literature class.

"Beomgyu! Taehyun!" Mr Jung called out just as the two were about to leave the classroom.

"Could you two stay back for a few minutes?" Their homeroom teacher asked. Having nothing better to do after school, the two exchanged nods as they followed Mr Jung towards the teacher's staffroom.

Nothing but empty desks and chairs occupied the room as they followed their teacher towards his table. It looked a little different since the last time Beomgyu came by here... it looked a lot emptier.

"Have a seat," Mr Jung said, breaking Beomgyu from his trance as the elder wheeled in two chairs towards the desk. "I'm so sorry about your father, Beomgyu. Sehun told me about it—and I'm sorry for not being able to attend the funeral. My condolences," he apologies.

"Ah, don't worry about it," smiled Beomgyu, feeling a bit better compared to the whole incident at the funeral hall with the reporter.

"How was the second half of school today?" he inquired. Beomgyu and Taehyun blinked at him.

"Well—nothing out of the ordinary happened. Just dragging our feet from one class to another," Beomgyu replied.

"Study hard and don't give up because I'm sure that all your hard work will be worth it one day," said Mr Jung as he beamed at the two.

"Why are you sounding as if you're going to leave?" Taehyun joked.

And that's when the realisation hit Beomgyu as he searched Mr Jung's desk, which laid bare and empty of his usual literature books and files.

"No—" spoke Beomgyu, shaking his head as he refused to believe what he thinks it is.

With a sigh, Mr Jung replied, seeming to have read his student's mind, "yes, I'm leaving and today is very much my last day here."

Taehyun's jaw was hanging agape; Beomgyu simply ogled at his teacher. No-—it's too fast. How could their beloved homeroom teacher just drop the bomb like that and leave on such short notice? A part of Beomgyu now wished that he'd pay more attention in literature classes.

"But—you're too young to retire—" spluttered Beomgyu. There was another moment of silence as Beomyu finally understood the reason for his teacher's sudden leave.

"It's because of me—my father. R-right?" he asked, though he wasn't too sure if he wanted to hear his teacher's answer either.

"You're a smart person, Beomgyu. You too, Taehyun," he smiled warmly.

"If it's about the principal firing you because he knew that you were a part of my father's entrapment—I can handle it!" Beomgyu prattled, simply saying whatever was in his mind at that moment. "My father gave me all of his assets—I can use the money to fund the school! And then—"

"Beomgyu," interrupted Mr Jung, placing his hands on the sides of Beomgyu's shoulders as he stared into his student's eyes. "Don't worry about me. Please, use and keep that money for your education- for your future, really, that's my only wish."

"But–"

"Promise?" He asked, extending his pinky.

Hesitant, Beomgyu quietened any other retort in his head as he slowly brought out his as well, their fingers interlocking with each other's.

"You want to become a musician when you grow up, right? Taehyun?" Mr Jung asked, turning his gaze to the latter.

"Well, at least—that's what I think I want to be," Taehyun mumbled, not daring to meet his teacher's eyes in fear of him reacting the same way as his parents did.

"You can do it."

Taehyun looked up to his teacher. "You both can do it, no matter what you set your heart to be, trust yourself. I have to get going now and, who knows? Maybe we will be meeting in the short future," he said, getting up as he headed towards the door.

"Wait!" Beomgyu called out. Mr Jung turned around. "Thank you... for everything," he breathed, feeling as if everything he wanted to say to his nurturing, former homeroom teacher was constricted to those mere words.

"My pleasure," he smiled, waving goodbye to the two before disappearing into the distance.

[A/N: I just followed the cliche of every good character leaving CHILE

ALSO some of y'all were disappointed that Mr Jung DIDNT turn out to be hobi. Fun fact: my whole character was based off him AND I ACTUALLY ORIGINALLY WANTED MR JUNG TO BE HIM SO THERE YALL HAVE IT. Also, officer min was based off Yoongi too okay I just came to tell this since I thought you guys deserved to know </3

Have a good day/night 🌙]