𝔸 ℙ𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕠 𝕀𝕟 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖

"Elka, everything is ready, right?" 

Zinnia asked me as I placed the last piece of red velvet cupcake on the tray. 

"Everything is perfecto!" I said, wiping my hands on a tissue before taking the tray and walked outside to our backyard. 

Lily's baby shower was the most awaited day of my life. Me and Zinnia took care of everything for the event, from sending invitations to setting up Lily's favorite baby pink roses on every corner. We put our everything into this just to see our friend who had seen us in our worst, our mentor who guided us from wrong to right, our lamp that shined brightly in our dark days and showed us the way to happiness. And yes, we succeeded on making the pillar of our trio blissed out as we saw Lily's face beaming with her beautiful dimple smile, Andrew standing next to her with his hand around her waist, his small gesture of love. They were posing for our photographer of the day aka Sandra, who was instructing them to smile and pose like a professional one.

Lily was wearing a long v-neck boysenberry sequined portrait dress with a white sash over it which read 'MOM-TO-BE' in big red italics. Her long brown wavy hair was curled up at its end. Andrew wore a matching shirt as her dress color with a black formal pants. Both looked like a perfect and idyllic couple that would make any single ass weep. They both were the epitome of destined lovers whose bond was unbreakable and I couldn't be anymore happy for her. My eight months old godchild was witnessing their parent's unconditional love- from a tragic beginning to a blithe ending. That unborn child couldn't be anymore lucky. 

"Cupcakes are ready everyone!" I screamed on top of my lungs out of sheer excitement, even though there were only guests that could be counted on fingers. 

"Geez, Elka! Calm down, girl," Lily said, taking a cupcake and giving me the 'behave yourself' look with a small smile playing on her lips. 

I giggled at her reaction and within seconds, the cupcakes were all taken leaving just one on the tray. I was relieved that they showed the courtesy to leave at least one so that I could have a taste of it. My mouth was already drooling when I was arranging them for the guests and it would be a shame to myself, who was a foodie by heart, if I didn't get a bite. I kept the tray on a nearby table and took the cupcake. As I was about to take a bite of the mouthwatering piece in my hand, a voice from behind stopped me. 

"Don't! Even I want that."

Already knowing who that was, I turned around with an annoyed face to see my boyfriend hopping on his feet and coming towards me. After my eyes caught his figure, the cupcake didn't make me crave for it anymore. Instead, it was Danish that made me crave for him with a white button down shirt tucked inside black jeans. His messy hair was neatly tied into a manbun, exposing his forehead and that alone took my breath away. I noticed Lily's cousin sister not taking her eyes from him but that didn't evoke any type of jealousy or possessiveness in me because I knew. I knew that whoever came or whatever happened, he was mine. 

Hiding my desire for him, I put up a scowl face when he came and stood next to me. 

"I want that too. It looks yummy," he said, his hands coming for the cupcake in my hands. 

In a swift motion, I turned the other side and took a bite of half which made Danish appalled.

"You evil!" he said and pouted.

"Don't even try. You're not cute," I retorted with a lie, my mouth stuffed with cake to which he rolled his eyes. "Why are you late?"

"I had to pick someone up," he said, wiping off the small crumbs from the corner of my mouth.

"Who?"

Danish looked behind him which made me follow his eye line and when I did, I squealed in happiness and ran to the person after throwing the cake at Danish, which he got a hold of.