By 4 o’clock we were done. My arms were aching from carrying all the bags. I had practically bought myself a new cupboard. Got my hair cut as well, it wasn’t much shorter and had a small side fringe. It didn’t cover my eyes, just shaped my face a bit more.   

“Wait!” Angela said, stopping mid step. We were heading to the Truck. “My change isn’t right. Be back in a minute” She ran back to are last shop with out another word.

I continued to drag my bags to the Truck. Now I have the right to feel lonely. It was getting was as the day was going on. Are people meant to feel like this?

I fumbled with my keys to open the truck. The bags were getting in my way. Finally I got the door open and placed the bags in. Angela’s going to have to sit on the edge of the seat.

A paranoid feeling started to cross over me as I sat in the cab. Someone was watching me. At the same time I was feeling less lonely and I knew the reason as a bark came from behind the trees. Jake.

I left the warmness off the cab and heading towards were my heart was taking me. It was like someone was pulling me towards them on an invincible cord.

What if this wasn’t Jake? My steps slowed as I got closer. What would I do if this really was a wild animal? The invincible cord was tugging and I shook of the thought. My heart wouldn’t me pulling me towards a wild animal.

Entering the tress I looked around for any sign of him. Would he still be wolf? I movement to my left made me spin around. He was standing in wolf form with his head lowered to my level. I wanted to cry looking at him. His eyes were so lost and sad. I could even see hurt when I looked deep enough.

“What’s wrong Jake?” I asked, concern dripping from my voice. All anger I had against him was gone. It was just him and I, no one else mattered.

He cried and took a step forward but stopped, searching my reaction. Smiling sadly I walked towards him, reaching out I rested my hand on the top off his head. He leaned into my touch and let out another cry. It was me comforting him now. His body temperature was burning my hand but it felt right…  

“Bella!” The voice was unmistakably Angela’s. I sighed removing my hand. Jake groaned and gave out a growl in Angela’s direction.

“Hey” I whispered, not wanting her to hear. “Don’t be mean” I give him a light hit on the head. He stared up at me. I didn’t want to leave, he looked so broken. I was at a feeling off piece with him. I was only lonely when he was not around.

“Sorry Jake, but I got to go” I whispered and leaned over pulling his head down to kiss the top off it.

Angela called out again and Jake gave another growl only louder. To be honest it scared me a little but I knew he would never hurt me.

 “See ya” I called leaving the shelter off the trees.

“There you are!” She called running over to me as soon as I was in her sight. “Were did you go?”  

“No where. Took a walk. Get your change sorted out”

She gave me a look but didn’t mention it. “Yeah, they said they were sorry and I got it back”

The ride back to forks felt longer than the first time. My mind was on Jake. I didn’t understand anything, the wolves, why he was so sad, why he had such an effect on me. It was too much but I was giving it my all. Jake hadn’t talked to me in human yet, which when I thought about it was getting me angry.

As I pulled up t my house I noticed the car in the driveway. I vaguely remembered it to be Harry Clearwater’s from when we ate at Billy’s that time. What’s he doing here?

“Who’s that?” Angela asked gesturing to the car.

“My dad’s friend.” I mumbled.

“What’s he doing here?” she questioned.

“Your guess is as good as mine” I grabbed the bags and locked the truck when Angela had hers as well.

I opened the house door and held it for Angela. I could hear Charlie talking. It sounded like more than one person was here.

“We’re home” I called out. He probably all ready knew by the sound off my truck but I called it anyway. The house went quiet and only a few mumbles could be heard.

“Awkward” Angela mumbled.  

I give a small laugh at her statement then dragged my bags to the living room. There was more than Harry there. Harry, Sue, Billy and four boys, well men were squished into the room. One off them had a red scar on his collar going down and an arm in a sling. They all stared at me when I came in.

I put a smile on my face to break the tenseness.

“Hi” said. There was no reply, just staring.

“Well, I’m going to set these bags upstairs” Angela broke the silence running up the steps. Great, she did it again, running away.

“Same” I turned and took when step forward when Billy’s voice stopped me.

“You seen Jacob Bella?” his voice held worry and anger.

I turned back to him “He didn’t come home?” I asked. He sadly shook his head and mumbled something.

“Have you seen him?” the one with the broken arm pressed. He didn’t sound happy and his face was engulfed in rage. I looked around them all them, should I tell them? Looking back at the one who seemed the most sensible, I made up my mind. I wouldn’t tell them, if Jake didn’t come to them he must have a reason. I wasn’t going to sell him out.

“No, sorry.” I was surprised by how true my voice sounded. I would try anything to protect Jake. Were did that come from.

I saw Harry nod “What did you do after you left?” he asked.

I turned to Charlie then back. He knew my point, I couldn’t saw it in front of him.

“Charlie, maybe I would agree to that coffee.” Sue spoke for the first time. Charlie nodded and got up heading to the kitchen. Sue followed.

Harry nodded my head for me to continue. “He ran, I followed. Found him somewhere. I didn’t see but it was in the forest, he was just laying there. He never shifted back as talked to him. Then he walked me back here. I was shopping with Angela today.” I lifted my bag for evidence.

They all nodded but the broken armed, he kept staring at me.

“Well I’m leaving my bags upstairs. Tell me when you find him”

“Here I’ll help” Someone called. It was Embry.

“Sure” I mumbled, handing him some bags. He smiled at me and I give him a small one back heading up the stairs.

“Thanks” I mumbled as he set the bags on my bed. I could hear Angela in the bathroom.

He gave another sad smile and walked down the stairs again. I tiptoed to the door. It was silent.

“Did you smell him in her room” the voice I recognised to be the broken armed.

“No, he hasn’t been in there”

So he didn’t do it to be nice, he did it to spy. I have to tell Jake there looking for him.

Hope this is long enough and that you like it! Please Fan, vote and comment! I love reading your comments. Love ya guys! XX