29

Brianna's POV

Its been a few days since I told Zachy about my nightmares and we're trying to figure out a way that might stop them without forcing it to happen. If that makes sense.

I still wake up at night, which just currently happened.

I looked around my room that slightly reminded me of the basement at the orphanage due to the darkness. I could feel that my breathing was heavier than usual, and my palms were sweaty. My eyes were also glossed over with tears from the bad memories.

I got out of bed and tonight instead of going to dad's room, I decided to go to Zachy's room.

"Zachy?" I whispered. Nothing.

"Zachy?" I said a little louder.

"Hm?" He said still basically asleep.

"I had another nightmare." I said as I felt a tear fall. That woke him up a little more. He sat up against his headboard and then leaned over, picking me up and setting me on his lap.

"Its alright. Was it still about what happened at the orphanage?" He asked me. I just nodded as a few more tears fell from having to relive those memories once again.

"Hey hey, shhh." He said as he wrapped his arms around me in a comforting hug. I layed my head against his chest as I grabbed his hand and started playing with his rings. With his other hand, Zachy started to lightly rub my back.

Between Zachy rubbing my back, the comfort of the hug we were in, me calming down by playing with his rings, and the sound of Zachy's heart beat since my head was laying on his chest, I felt my eyes slowly start to close.

I snuggled into Zachy some more and the next thing I know, the darkness took over.

Zach's POV

I felt Brianna snuggle into me more which made me smile. What is this little girl doing to me? I felt her breathing slow, and realized that she stopped playing with my rings. I guess she must have fallen asleep.

I slowly layed back down without moving Brianna off of me since I didn't want to possibly wake her up. She's been through a lot with these nightmares, and any sleep she can get will help her a little more.

I kept my arms wrapped around her as I felt myself too, slowly fall into the world of darkness.

The next morning I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in. With Brianna laying on me and my arms wrapped around her. I smiled to myself and at the adorable little girl in front of me.

I softly pushed back some of her hair that was in her face, out of the way, being careful not to wake her up.

"Zach have you seen Brianna, because she didn't come into my room last night which I thought was a little weird, and I just went to check on her and she wasn't in her roo-" Daniel started saying before he saw Brianna and I.

"Oh thank god. I assumed she was in here but I didn't know." Daniel sighed.

"Dont worry. She's all good. She actually came into my room last night saying she had a nightmare." I told him.

"How long did it take you to get her to go back to sleep?" He asked me out of curiosity.

"Not that long. We talked for maybe two minutes and then we just sat here until she fell asleep. So maybe like seven minutes." I said shrugging.

"What!?" Daniel yelled. I quickly shushed him since I still had a sleeping Brianna in my arms.

"Shut up Dani, don't wake Bri up." I said.

"Sorry. But how? It usually takes me like thirty minutes to get her back to sleep." He told me.

"I don't know. I kinda let her do her own thing, which was play with my rings and lay on my lap." I shrugged.

"Alright, well whatever. I just wanted to make sure Bri was all good. Thanks dude." Daniel said to me.

"No problem." I said before he left. After that I just layed in bed with a sleeping Bri. That is, until she woke up.

"Good morning sleepy head." I said to her.

"Morning." She mumbled.

"Still tired huh?" I asked. She just simply nodded her head. I laughed as she closed her eyes again.

"What are you laughing at?" She asked.

"You." I told her.

"Why?"

"I don't know." I said.

"Well at least I don't have purple hair." She said still keeping her eyes closed.

"Okay, that's just rude." I said to the now laughing Brianna. Soon I was laughing with her even though I didn't want to. Once we finally calmed down I slid her off of me so I could get up.

"Heyy." She whined.

"I'm sorry, but I need to take a shower. You can stay here though." I said before getting out of bed.

"Fine. Only because you're sheets are nice and warm." Brianna said snuggling into the sheets which made me laugh a little. I quickly went to get some clothes before going to the bathroom and getting in the shower.

When I walked back out I saw Brianna asleep on my bed. I awed at her before quickly taking a picture.

"Hey Bri, you gotta wake up so we can get some breakfast." I quietly said while rubbing her back. She stirred a little before opening her eyes.

"Hey, lets get up now okay?" I said. She slightly nodded as she slowly sat up. We went to her room so she could get dressed, and I could do her hair.

Once we were finished with that we headed downstairs to see all the boys down there already.

"There they are." Corbyn said as we walked into the kitchen where they all sat.

"Good morning." Jonah said.

"Morning." Both Bri and I replied. We both sat down at the island. I had to help Bri though because she was struggling a little, so I just picked her up and set her down on the seat next to Jack and Corbyn before heading over to one on the other side of Jack.

"Do we have any plans for today?" I asked.

"A few interviews and possibly a meeting." Jonah said. I nodded.

_________________________________________

1058 words.

Thanks for reading!