04 | DAMIEN THE IRRESISTIBLE (1/2)

long time no update huh. right, anyway, i'm supposed to convert the second first change into my preferred style (third, present tense) before working on new chapters but this is my creation and I'd rather write the rest of the story than fixate on perfecting earlier chapters. if you don't like this style, i suggest you click out of the story and not bother me with your issue 💀🚶🏽‍♀️

HOW UPLOADING WORKS: i prefer long chapters  which constitutes a long wait time for a chapter to be uploaded so instead of doing that, i will upload one half of the chapter once it's finished then re-upload the chapter with the second half— (1/2) will indicate one out of two scenes are posted — and i'd unpublish then re-publish with the second half so there's a notification.

also if you don't like audrey or damien, don't care, didn't ask plus u can just exit out of the story. 

04 | DAMIEN THE IRRESISTIBLE

Damien is covered in blood.

None of it belongs to him but rather to the guy who spilled hers; crimson a stain on his shirt and jeans, splashed up his forearms.

His knuckles are raw and reddened in the wake of a spectacularly brutal beating, but that's it. The amount of fights he's been in, the sensation must feel like second nature. With that familiarity, he usually relinquishes his tension the second it's over.

This is not the case (and she really doesn't get why).

Ten minutes have passed, and she can physically feel his anger—if not read it on his demeanor. The angle of his jaw is clenched tight, and his eyes are a raging storm of jade and brown. His breathing should be leveled but his nose flares the more he accesses her face.

When they peeled away from the scene—after she managed some lucidity to grab him before the sirens arrived—she refused (and continues to refuse) a hospital visit. It's a hassle, and the treatment isn't worth it or necessary. In the aftermath of fighting, this is not her first rodeo.

But, admittedly, her altercations don't end with her sustaining injuries, and this one hurts like a fucking bitch. The gash cut across her cheekbone is moderate, dribbling blood, while one side of her face throbs and annoyingly reactive to the slightest touch.

To Damien's credit, his touch is shockingly gentle. Maybe even impressive he can be so on edge but careful as he tends to her wounds. His inclination to violence, he's got the knowledge to gauge the damage and the tools in the form of the kitchen's first aid kit.

His eyebrows furrow with concentration while one hand tilts her chin up and the other dabs at dried blood. A few drops have rolled down her cheek and down her neck, (but, to be honest, she bets it looks so fucking cool—like she's been crying blood or something) and he wipes the majority away.

The antiseptic burned like a bitch when he rinsed it over but she managed through clenched teeth. The focus is now on residual bleeding, which has dwindled significantly. A good sign, and once it's stopped, he's got a spread of butterfly bandages.

In his care, her lashes innately flutter shut. The drag of the warm cloth is relaxing, working across her collarbone and up the column of her neck. That's until he reaches the cut and brushes lightly over it.

Her eyes shoot open, and she recoils from the wet rag. "Ow!" A sharp sting radiates to the location but she inhales deeply and the pain wanes. When will that handful of painkillers she took finally kick in? She picks the nearby liquor bottle by the neck and takes a throat-burning swig. "Fuck."

"Shit, sorry," he immediately says, soft and genuine, and straightens in front of her. He places the cleansing rag beside her on the kitchen counter. "Audrey. . ." His fingers guide her head back, alternating between looking in her eyes and the gash. "You need to go to the hospital."