One: Unbreakable

"Get up you little slut, only princesses get to sleep"

My masters voice could be heard without the intercom, causing me to lift the pathetic excuse of fabric they called a pillow over my head, hoping that he would just forget about me today.

If only I was that lucky.

"I warned you" Came the raspy voice again that only happened when one smoked too many cigars, this time not over the intercom, my slumber so rudely interrupted as a hand tangled itself in my already knotted hair and yanked. Hard. I was easily pulled out from under the strip of cloth I used as a blanket, my weight next to nothing from malnutrition.

A sound like a kicked puppy was heard throughout the closet of a room I lived in and echoed down the claustrophobic hallway.

Oh wait, that was me.

My masters spent almost nothing on the quarters myself and the many others lived in.

"Fucking bitch, you never seem to learn do you?"

'Of course not', I wanted to say right back in the same tone, be able to stand up for myself and the two dozen others that were working in this hell they called a mansion.

A hand came across my face before I was dropped onto the cold, stone floor.

That brought me back to reality, showing me that no matter what I thought or did I was still the minority.

"Get to work" The gargantuan man growled, stepping on my hand as he exited the room, causing me to groan in pain.

Forcing myself to my feet as one of my vile masters stalked off, I rubbed a hand across my inflamed cheek, a scowl crossing my once pretty face.

"Cheer up. You and I get kitchen duty today"

Another voice spoke from my doorway, the smile accompanying it enough to get me to do the same.

I followed Em without another word, wishing I could just slip back into the cot I called a bed and sleep my life away, but I couldn't.

My name is Anastasia.

I am a slave.