Chapter 15 - Leo

Hi everyone, Alex here! Spread the news if you like it so far. Like the story, tell your friends, comment within Wattpad! 

If you're sick of reading, there's a cure: head over to your favorite podcast directory or to alexames.net/podcast  - THE TRANSPORT is available as a serial audiobook podcast. Weekly episodes with 2-4 chapters are the ideal commute or car drive or sports company. 

But now: on with our story. 

After work was over, Leo and Eva left their cubicles around five, walking down the lobby stairs onto the parking lot. The blonde woman on the Harley waited for her at the same spot as in the morning. Still clad in black leather, still no helmet, still extremely sexy.

Eva said "There's my mother. See you tomorrow, Leo!" and jumped onto the back of the motorcycle.

The mother gave Leo a slow look-over, eyes unreadable.

Evaluating me as son-in-law material, Leo thought. Or as a daughter predator. Both roles will work for me, please, please...

The bike started with a low growl, and the two ladies took off, again against the One-Way direction.

To wherever? Eva hadn't answered any of the few personal questions Leo had dared to ask.

He sighed. Sure, to be expected. She was a hot-looking babe, knew it, and probably had to fend off legions of boys. Unanswered questions were a good method to keep personal distance. And peace of mind. And virtue.

Well, good thing, he had the privilege to see her again tomorrow.

It was the first time in a long while that Leo was actually looking forward to another day at work.

When Leo came home that evening, he was still flashed from the daily exposure to Eva. And her mother. He was horny, that much was sure. Any heterosexual would be.

Life was unfair.

He drowned his sorrow in four episodes of Big Bang Theory reruns with pizza and beer. He looked down at his belly, thought about a fat hippo and a sleek panther. He stopped after the second beer and left a quarter of the pizza. Eva made a better person out of him.

Man, that smile.

And that ass.

His phone rang from far away, Styx's "Too Much Time on My Hand," insistent, slowly bringing him around. He was sprawled out on his couch, Sheldon on the screen, episode-forwarded automatically for a while, it seemed.

Uh, oh, bad style of living, flashed through Leo's head. Eva wouldn't condone this.

The phone did not stop ringing.

"Yeah!" he croaked. His tongue felt as if covered with thick felt and his brain as if suffocated by a cushion.

"Leo, this is Charlene."

"Good for you. Jesus, what time is it?"

"Sorry to call you that late, but I am sort of desperate. Have you seen Wendell tonight?"

"Wendell?" Ah, that Charlene. They had met at a company barbecue outing, a hot redhead, four grades above of what Wendell ever deserved. And Leo knew that his working buddy slept around with one of the lab assistants. But he couldn't tell Charlene that!

"Yes, was he with you?"

"Me? No. I saw him, uhm, today, yesterday, last morning in the parking lot. We talked and that was the last of it." He replayed his day alongside Eva but was sure that he had not run into Wendell again all day. "His car was still in the lot, though, when I left. Five-ish?"

"I called everyone, no one saw him."

"Listen, it might be nothing. Maybe he's just on a night out? You know us boys!"

"Not Wendell, he never does that." Charlene sobbed. "He always calls."

"Sorry, anything else I can do? Should I call any other colleagues, ask around?"

"No, thanks, Leo. Again, sorry about the late call." She sniffled aloud and disconnected.

Leo stared at the receiver. Wendell, you a-hole. Some people didn't understand what they had.

"On the other hand," Leo spoke aloud, as he looked around in the mess he called his living room, "I know I have nothing. Except for a sexy co-worker." He rubbed his face. "Other people's problems." He decided to continue to become a better person and cleaned up the ugliest mess. He trashed beer cans and the pizza boxes, brushed his teeth, scrubbed his face clean with soap and went to bed properly.

He dreamed of two hot girls in leather jackets and fantastic legs, walking slowly in front of him. And even though this all played out in slow motion, Leo still had problems following them, falling step by step behind, out of breath.

Eva looked over her shoulder, her incredible big brown eyes shining, her jet-black hair in perfect order, smiling at him. "Can you keep up, Leo?"