{3}

3:10 pm
After the bus arrived at my house, I skipped up my porch steps and entered my house to be filled with a familiar scent, my moms spaghetti. I threw my book bag on the couches and scurried to the kitchen to see my mother cooking my favorite dish.

She noticed me and said "hey, Jordyn. How was school?," She asked. I shrugged and got a little Debbie cake from the pantry. My mom looked at me. "We're going to be eating soon," she scolded. I sighed and stuffed the cake back in the pantry.

"Where's Tyler and Tessa?," I asked, referring to my two older siblings.

"Tyler got off the bus with Cameron and Tessa's at her campus," my mom told me. I nodded and stared at the pot of spaghetti that was still cooking.

"Is it almost done?," I groaned.

"Be patient, Jordyn," she looked at me, her eyebrows knitting in confusion as she looked at the sweatshirt I was wearing. She pointed the wooden spoon she had in her hand at me. "Where did you get that sweatshirt?,"

"Oh...I spilt my lunch on myself, so a boy offered me his sweatshirt for the day," I said slowly. She nodded.

"What boy?,"

"Umm, a boy in my class," I told her.

"What's his name?," She asked as she opened the refrigerator to get out the sauce.

"...Hayes," I told her.

"Oh, that one boy you have a crush on. He's a cutie," I blushed.

Minutes later after our conversation about him, my mom set a plate of spaghetti in front of me. I immediately dug in, seeing I hadn't ate since 10:45 am.

"Well, that was nice of him to let you borrow his sweatshirt for the day. What a gentleman," I groaned as my mom picked up the conversation again.

"Do you have homework?," She asked. I shook my head and finished the last of my spaghetti. I went up to my room, but not before grabbing my book bag that I had thrown on the couch earlier.

I dragged the heavy bag up the stairs and left it on the floor of my bedroom. I went through my drawer in search of my notebook. I finally found it and pulled it out of the drawer. I grabbed a sharpie that was in my pencil holder and began writing in the notebook.

Friday, 2/6/15 at 4:30 pm

You come in my dreams
You come in my thoughts
Your cute face and dreamy eyes
Have melted my heart in knots
Whether it is morning or noon
Whether it is evening or night
I just can't seem to get you
Out of my mind or sight
Come, pacify my beating heart
Yes, I have fallen for you
Give me a nice warm hug
And say that you like me too

I smiled at the simple poem that I had written for him. I then frowned, staring at my wall. 'Why doesn't he like me?' 'What is so wrong with me?'. I began asking myself these questions. My eyes began to droop as I thought hardly about him. Before I knew it, I was in a heavy slumber.

*
He caressed my cheek softly and whispered in my ear.

"I love you, Jordyn," he pecked my forehead with a small kiss. I remained speechless as his words replayed in my mind.

"I...uh-," I began to say.

"You don't love me?," He asked with a sad expression. I slowly nodded.

"I do. I do love you, Hayes," I smiled. He caressed my cheek once more before leaning in. He placed his soft, p-

*next day* February 7th 10:48 am

A loud knock sounded at my door. "Sweetie, your grandmas here! Come say 'hi'!," she yelled through the door. I groaned and put my hair in a ponytail before going downstairs.

"Hey, grandma," I said, giving her a side hug.

"Hi, hun," she said opening up my palm and placing something in it secretly. I opened my hand to see a twenty dollar bill. I looked back up at her and smiled.

"Don't tell your mother," she slowly raised her finger up toward her lips. I nodded and giggled.

Minutes later, my siblings walked down the stairs. Tessa pet our cat before saying a small 'hi' to my grandma. Tyler went straight to the television and continued watching a show he had recorded the night before.

"Tyler Daniel Black, you say hi to your grandma right now!," My mother scolded. He sighed, but immediately rises from the couch saying hi while she pats his head.

"Well kids, I'm gonna head out soon. Gotta cook breakfast for your grandpa," she said. I nodded and embraced her one more time.

"Bye, grandma," Tyler screamed.

Tessa also hugged my grandma while telling her bye.

"You kids come up and visit soon," she said, waving at my mom as she exited the house.

I plopped on the couch and sighed.

"Breakfast is in the kitchen," my mom said. Tessa and Tyler quickly ran to the kitchen.

"Save some for your sister!," My mom yelled.

I slowly got up, slumped over, and walked to the kitchen to see my siblings stuffing food in their mouths.

"Hogs," I mumbled. I got out a plate and scraped the leftover eggs and bacon onto my plate. I then spread my toast with butter and went back to the living room.

"I'm going to the mall later on. Does anyone want to go with me?," My mom asked taking a sip of her tea that was sat on the end table by the couch. Tyler immediately shook his head while Tessa said: "Kylie and I are going to the movies,"

"I'll go," I said softly. I have a hatred for shopping, but maybe if I show up to school on Monday in a new outfit, Hayes will notice me.

My mom looked surprise. "Really?," I nodded. "Okay. We'll be leaving around 1," it was already almost 11.

I walked up the stairs and into my room after I was finished eating. I plopped on my bed and put my head on the pillow, thinking hardly. I started debating the reasons to why Hayes was so nice to me yesterday. Maybe he just felt sorry since I made a total embarrassment of my self. Maybe he's using me to get another girl jealous. I will not fall for Hayes Grier's game. I will not.

Boy, was I wrong.