Chapter 15; New Neverland

Although everyone was back home in Storybrooke, not everything was going as well as Elena had predicted. Emma herself felt that something bad was going to happen and she wanted to do everything she could to stop it, though she didn't know what it was. Elena felt it too.

Shrill screams of terror immediately caught their attention, along with wooshes in the air, and Emma, along with Hook and Tink, all went to investigate. Elena gasped in horror as she saw Pan's shadow on the loose, after the Blue Fairy, who was desperately trying to get away from it. It suddenly clawed at her back, ripping out her shadow before moving on swiftly.

"Blue!"

"Come on, come on, come on!"

David felt her pulse at her neck and looked back at the rest of the group, downcast. "She's gone."

"Why would the shadow kill her?" Tink questioned in alarm.

"No idea, love," Hook said, watching the scene in dismay, "but I do know the shadow only takes orders from one person."

"Pan," Emma breathed, and Elena froze, squeezing her eyes shut and burying her face in her hands. A million questions went off like sirens in her mind, and Emma put a comforting arm around her as they called Regina over. She came quickly after being told, Henry by her side, while the group covered Blue's body.

"What the hell happened?" Regina asked.

"The shadow," David responded, "it killed her."

"Pan's shadow? I trapped it on the sail."

"Yeah, well, it got free," Emma said, kneeling down beside Blue with Elena.

"Hook, let's go back to the ship and get the candle," Neal spoke up. "If it strikes again, we need to be able to capture it."

The two men hurried off to retrieve the candle, and Emma shook her head in dreaded anticipation.

"Pan's behind this. I know it."

"How?" Elena whispered, eyes wide.

"He's trapped in a box under the floor of Gold's shop," Regina said in confusion.

"Who else would be doing this?"

"So... Pan can still hurt me?" Henry said in fear.

"We don't know that," Regina said calmly.

"Well, we have to assume he's still a threat," Mary Margeret pointed out.

"And that he's after Henry. Possibly Elena too," Emma added.

"Then what am I doing here?" Henry asked.

"Henry's right. He's not safe out in the open. That goes for Elena too," David concluded.

"You'll protect me, right?" Henry asked Regina, who nodded determinedly.

"Well, yes, of course!"

Emma frowned slightly as Regina hugged Henry, then sighed, patting Elena on the back. "Go with them, Ella. We'll take care of the shadow - if you really feel like you need to come to me, just give me a call, okay?"

"Yeah, sure," Elena replied, and Regina ushered them both away. Regina stopped after Emma called her name for a few moments, and Henry smiled softly at Elena.

"How're you feeling?" he asked her.

"I don't even know right now," Elena answered honestly. "What do you think he wants with me, Henry? I don't understand it..."

Henry shook his head and was about to reply, but Regina came back over with a half-smile.

"Where are we going?" Elena asked her.